From: Colin Rafferty <craffert@spspme.ml.com>
Subject: Re: Reading mail on two different hosts
Date: 04 Oct 1996 10:01:49 -0400	[thread overview]

Juri Pakaste writes:

JP> I was thinking that I could perhaps split my mail into nnmbox
JP> folders at the university, and then tell Gnus at home to use
JP> ange-ftp to fetch them, and insert them into the nnml groups I
JP> use normally.

RP> nnmail-spool-file may be set to a list of files for incoming mail
RP> spools.  Gnus will go to each, in order, and drag them over to
RP> the local mail area.  ange-ftp is possibly not the best way to do

JP> Okay. But if I do it this way, will it preserve the marks on what's
JP> read, etc? Does Gnus store that information with some additional
JP> header (umm... "Status"?), or in a separate file?

If you are serious about using ange-ftp, you could just set up home
machine to have your university groups as local groups, with the
location specified using ange-ftp protocols.

You will have all the marks form what you did at school, and if you move
them to your home groups, all the marks go with it.

Conversely, if your home machine is always online, you can directly
split your email from school into your home disks with the following
elisp:

   (setq nnml-directory "/pakaste@my.machine.home:/home/pakaste/Mail/"
         nnmail-crosspost-link-function 'copy-file)

--
Colin