* [??] weird M-q behavior (5.2.6)
@ 1996-06-05 16:46 Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1996-06-05 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using Gnus 5.2.6, XEmacs 19.13, and have some very strange
behavior.  I would like to know if anyone else sees this.

While in message-mode, if:

1. I am on the last line of a paragraph;
2. the current paragraph is terminated by a period;
3. the current paragraph is followed by another:

When I execute `fill-paragraph-or-region' (M-q), an extra line is
inserted after the current paragraph, and no filling occurs.

If:

1. I am NOT on the last line of a paragraph;
2. the current paragraph is terminated by a period:

When I `M-q', the paragraph fills correctly, but the period moves to the
next line.

This does not happen when the paragraph is terminated by a question mark
or exclamation mark.

I am not insane.

--
This posting adheres to the SELF-DISCIPLINE guidelines for better
USENET discussions. See http://www.eiffel.com/discipline.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-06-05 16:46 UTC | newest]