Hi there! My workstation crashed badly the other day, and now I have a new problem with Gnus, but I don't know whether this is a bug or not. Here is what happens: when I launch Gnus, I get the following error message: wrong-type-argument listp __uninitialized__ Here is what I get with debug-on-error set to true: Signalling: (wrong-type-argument listp __uninitialized__) gnus-group-highlight-line() run-hooks(gnus-group-update-hook) gnus-group-insert-group-line("dummy.group" 0 nil 0 nil) gnus-update-group-mark-positions() gnus-update-format-specifications() gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil) byte-code("„ gnus(nil) call-interactively(gnus) execute-extended-command(nil) call-interactively(execute-extended-command) I tried to take a look at the gnus-group-highlight-line function and I found that the problem is that the gnus-group-highlight variable is set to __uninitialized__. But I wasn't able to go further and find why it was set to this value. The only workaround that I have found is to set gnus-visual to nil so that gnus-group-highlight-line isn't called, but now I really miss the visual features of Gnus. Could someone help me and tell me how I could correct that? Thanks. OBTW, I'm using Gnus 5.2.20. Michel.