* Problem at startup: wrong-type-argument listp __uninitialized__
@ 1996-06-19  9:29 Michel Schinz
From: Michel Schinz @ 1996-06-19  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Hi there!

  My workstation crashed badly the other day, and now I have a new
problem with Gnus, but I don't know whether this is a bug or not.
Here is what happens: when I launch Gnus, I get the following error
message:

  wrong-type-argument listp __uninitialized__

Here is what I get with debug-on-error set to true:

Signalling: (wrong-type-argument listp __uninitialized__)
  gnus-group-highlight-line()
  run-hooks(gnus-group-update-hook)
  gnus-group-insert-group-line("dummy.group" 0 nil 0 nil)
  gnus-update-group-mark-positions()
  gnus-update-format-specifications()
  gnus-setup-news(nil nil nil)
  byte-code("\b„\x0e
  gnus(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus)
  execute-extended-command(nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

I tried to take a look at the gnus-group-highlight-line function and I
found that the problem is that the gnus-group-highlight variable is
set to __uninitialized__.  But I wasn't able to go further and find
why it was set to this value.

The only workaround that I have found is to set gnus-visual to nil so
that gnus-group-highlight-line isn't called, but now I really miss the
visual features of Gnus.  Could someone help me and tell me how I
could correct that?  Thanks.

OBTW, I'm using Gnus 5.2.20.

Michel.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-06-19  9:29 UTC | newest]