From: Jody Klymak <jklymak@OCE.ORST.EDU>
Cc: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann),
	xemacs-beta@xemacs.org, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: How to help debug numerous crashes of 21.4.4 on Windows?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2001 17:58:05 -0700	[thread overview]

dmkarr@earthlink.net (David M. Karr) writes:

> Do you mean a lisp backtrace?  I don't get any diagnostics except for the DOS
> window with the message, and then it's gone.  At this point, I have to manually
> kill the gnuserv process, as I can't bring up XEmacs again without killing the
> old gnuserv process.

Same here.  The backtrace, if that is what it is, is in that DOS
window.  The window self-destructs when XEmacs is done dying.

However, I can see what it says before it dies.  It changes each time.
How about that?

> I'm not certain if I'm getting the same symptoms as Jody.  I haven't done a
> very good job of remembering what I was doing when it bombs, except for doing
> things in GNUS.

Hmmm, doing things?  Mine is pretty "reproducible" on *first* entering
my nnimap groups.  Once I get an XEmacs that can read one nnimap group
it can read them all.

Do you use nnimap?

What version of Gnus?  Surely you are not using GNUS.

If anyone comes up with a way for David and I to debug this, I'll be
happy to do it (short of buying VC++)

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody M. Klymak               mailto:jklymak@oce.orst.edu
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sicences