[François Pinard] > Hi, people. Let me share a quick hack which will make my day happier! :-) > (defun fp-gnus-article-hide-pesky-201s () [...] Hey, hey. I also wrote a Python script to clean out those \201s in my existing message files, and guess what, the script found 45478 such characters. No wonder why I was seeing these regularly. They multiply like rabbits on my disks, probably in the dark, at night, while my home computer is shut down. Here is the little script, who knows, who might be useful to others as well. I just `locate' or `find' message files, through `... | xargs un201'.