From: "François Pinard" <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca>
Cc: Vladimir Volovich <vvv@vvv.vsu.ru>, ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: bug in pop3.el?
Date: 11 Feb 2000 18:04:24 -0500	[thread overview]

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) écrit:

> François Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> > I did not check in a long while, yet I think GNU mailing lists are
> > gatewayed into GNU newsgroups, but not the other way around, [...]

> Really?  This would mean that I should subscribe to help-gnu-emacs in
> order not to miss anything?  Hm.

No, it means exactly the contrary.  You should subscribe to the newsgroup
if you do not want to miss anything, given of course, that you read the
articles from the newsgroup more often than your news provider expires them.
The reason why maintainers stick (or sticked) to the mailing list is that
they do not alway read newsgroups fast enough, while email just accumulate.

P.S. - But once again, these are old stories.  I did not check recently.
For a long while now, I've been using my own lists and avoiding FSF systems.