* Keeping cached (*) mail articles in the backend.  Bad idea?
@ 1999-07-07 17:56 Rob Browning
From: Rob Browning @ 1999-07-07 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

When using total expire, which I'm playing with in some groups right
now, there are some cases where I'd like to use caching to keep a
particular article around indefinitely.  This gives me the one extra
non-expirable article state I'd like to have (i.e. read and cached).

The problem right now is that caching an article means that I can no
longer presume that all my mail articles for a given group will be in
a single directory (if I'm using nnml and I want to use shell tools to
do stuff, etc.).

I was wondering (and perhaps it's just a monumentally bad idea), if it
might be possible to add support to allow cached mail articles to just
be stored in the normal mail folder (i.e. don't move them, but don't
let them be expired) rather than putting them into the cache
heirarchy...

Thanks