* Send mail at a specific time
@ 1998-02-25 13:01 Fredrik Glöckner
From: Fredrik Glöckner @ 1998-02-25 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to see a feature in Gnus that would allow me to write some
messages, schedule them to be sent at some time, and still be able to
make changes in them up till the time they're sent.  This would look
like `nndraft', obviously, except that it shall allow me to designate
the mails to be sent some time in the future.  This would require some
use of the daemon, I would think.

Is this useful?  Well, suppose you want your boss to think that you work
really hard.  Then you assign Gnus to send him a mail at 08:00 the
following day, so that you can come in late.  Now how's that for
usefulness?  :-)

Fredrik

* Re: Send mail at a specific time
@ 1998-02-25 14:10 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-02-25 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII, Size: 747 bytes --]

  Frederik> I would like to see a feature in Gnus that would allow me
  Frederik> to write some messages, schedule them to be sent at some
  Frederik> time, and still be able to make changes in them up till
  Frederik> the time they're sent.  This would look like `nndraft',
  Frederik> obviously, except that it shall allow me to designate the
  Frederik> mails to be sent some time in the future.  This would
  Frederik> require some use of the daemon, I would think.

It ought to be possible to tell the Gnus Daemon to send all of the
messages in the draft group for you.  As to how... I've never used the
Daemon.

kai
--
A large number of young women don't trust men with beards.
(BFBS Radio)

* Re: Send mail at a specific time
@ 1998-02-25 15:38 ` François Pinard
From: François Pinard @ 1998-02-25 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fredrik "Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> writes:

> I would like to see a feature in Gnus that would allow me to write some
> messages, schedule them to be sent at some time [...]  Is this useful?

Such a feature would be useful to me as well, but I widely admit that it
would be abusing Gnus for repairing an quite unrelated problem.

I sometimes have to write to a mailing list made up of many mailing list,
and the responsible for the site told me that each message sent this put
the machine on its knees.  So, he asked me to split the mail into a few
mails, each aimed at a different subset of the set of mailing lists (these
subsets already exist with a name), and send these messages with a time lag.
I find it rather cumbersome to do this, and would like to find some kind
robot to help me at it :-).  I'm not sure it's right that I think at Gnus
for the job, however.

--
François Pinard                            mailto:pinard@iro.umontreal.ca
Join the free Translation Project!    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard