From: Alexandre Oliva <oliva@dcc.unicamp.br>
Cc: "(ding)" <ding@gnus.org>
Subject: Re: Sending gzipped files?
Date: 22 Jul 1999 23:08:09 -0300	[thread overview]

On Jul 22, 1999, Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> wrote:

> * Alexandre Oliva <oliva@dcc.unicamp.br>  on Thu, 22 Jul 1999
> | > Why not just turn off auto-compression-mode?
> | Because I don't know how to do that?
              ^^^

> Read The Fine Manual

I had meant ``didn't'', but thanks anyway :-)

BTW, I couldn't find the definition of this function anywhere (only
commented out in jka-compr.el), and I'm not sure how portable it is
(for example, does it work on GNU Emacs?)

It would be cool if Gnus used it in two situations: when attaching a
file and when saving an attachment to disk.  But, in the first case,
you may want the file to be decompressed, so it would be nice to have
an mml tag to indicate whether the file is to be decompressed or not
(or maybe the filename to appear in the message, so that it gnus can
guess whether it is to remain compressed or not).  Same for saving a
.gz attachment: it's quite annoying to have to uncompress a file twice
:-(

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}