* pgnus emergency?
@ 1999-05-13 14:17 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 1999-05-13 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pterodactyl Gnus v0.84, GNU Emacs 20.3.9.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1, X
toolkit) of Fri May 7 1999 on banshee

When I came in this morning, my *Group* buffer looked like this, where
groups with mail received their mail when I retrieved it this morning.

<snip>...
          *: nnml:wri.jokes
          3: nnml:mail.misc
          *: nnml:wri.social
          *: nnml:wri.wire
          1: nnml:wri.all
          1: nnml:wri.local
          *: nnml:wri.pubs
          *: nnml:office-move
          1: nnml:might-be-spam
          *: nntp+usenet.wolfram.com:alt.humor.best-of-usenet
<snip>...

When I try to enter a starred group with RET, I get the following
error:

   Retrieving newsgroup: nnml:wri.social...
   No such group: wri.social
   Couldn't request group nnml:wri.social: No such group: wri.social

which gives this backtrace:

   Signaling: (error "Couldn't request group nnml:wri.social: No such group: wri.social")
     signal(error ("Couldn't request group nnml:wri.social: No such group: wri.social"))
     error("Couldn't request group %s: %s" "nnml:wri.social" "No such group: wri.social")
     gnus-select-newsgroup("nnml:wri.social" nil nil)
     gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnml:wri.social" nil t nil nil nil)
     gnus-summary-read-group("nnml:wri.social" nil t nil nil nil nil)
     gnus-group-read-group(nil t)
     gnus-group-select-group(nil)
     gnus-topic-select-group(nil)
   * call-interactively(gnus-topic-select-group)

My gnus-group-line-format is:

"%M%S%p%P%5y: %(%g%)%l\n"

The '*' appears in the slot reserved for %y, Number of unread,
unticked articles (integer). What does this mean, and how can I
recover? My Mail directory and .newsrc* files appear to be intact.

Waiting anxiously,

bw
--
Bill White . billw@wolfram.com . http://www.wolfram.com/~billw

* Re: pgnus emergency?
@ 1999-05-13 14:53 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-05-13 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and

* Re: pgnus emergency?
@ 1999-05-13 21:35   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 1999-05-13 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: (ding)