From: Yeoh Yiu <squid@panix.com>
Subject: re-run mailspliting with revised rules ?
Date: 13 Jun 2000 01:54:26 -0400	[thread overview]

I stupidly botched my mailspliting line by forgetting to
\ escape double quotes.  So today when I fired up gnus it
dropped 2000 messages into one of my mail groups instead
of splitting them across my 60 defined groups.

I've fixed the offending line in my .gnus.

was:  ("yahoo"   "^From: "Yahoo!" <alerts@yahoo-inc.com>")
now:  ("yahoo"   "^From: \"Yahoo!\" <alerts@yahoo-inc.com>")

Anyway, is there a way to rerun mail splitting on the
now 2000 or some most recent files in my ~/News/yahoo/ dir
and have them moved into the propper groups ?

(I'm using nnmail-split-methods .)

squid.

"Gnus gives you all the opportunity you could possibly want for shooting yourself in the foot"