Hi, Today I incidentally discovered a gnus feature. When in a summary buffer, hit '^' and you can (provided it is possible) read the ancestor(s) of an article. I admit it could be useful but my problem is I don't even know when people use it exactly (if ever used). The docstring says: ,---- | ^ runs the command gnus-summary-refer-parent-article | which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum'. | It is bound to ^, A r, A ^,
. | (gnus-summary-refer-parent-article N) | | Refer parent article N times. | If N is negative, go to ancestor -N instead. | The difference between N and the number of articles fetched is returned. `---- I thought I could use this when threads where broken but most of the time, when a thread is broken by a post, it is highly likely it doesn't have a references header and so '^' is not that useful (not to say useless)in that case. So can somebody explain me when does he use this feature ? Thank you, zeDek -- GnusFR (http://www.gnusfr.org) EmacsFR (http://www.emacsfr.org) .emacs: Because customisation is fun!