Frank Schmitt writes: > Xavier Maillard writes: > > > My question is more a question of compliance with other MUAs. > > Would you recommend your users to use utf-8 as a default encoding > > system ? AFAIK, I can't see many MUAs aware of it and worst almost > > nobody is using utf-8 which was presented as the future. So what is > > the problem with utf in general that prevent users in general to > > use it defaultly ? > > Well, it's the chicken-egg-problem. People don't use UTF-8 since > quite some MUAs don't support it and some authors of MUAs don't add > support since few people use it. Yep I have the same impression right now. > Nevertheless I've got the impression that today most MUAs will handle > Unicode quite well. I send UTF-8 in both Mail and News and few people > told me they couldn't read my messages properly. They stay readable but seems to be pain to read a mail containing accentuated characters. zeDek -- "Die Geteilten selbst sind jedoch nie Feindbild der Vereiner, denn dies sind immer nur die Teiler." Norbert Harry Marzahn <70oKlG6LbXB@nm01.vision.IN-BRB.DE>