On 25 jui 2003, Lloyd Zusman stated: > Xavier Maillard writes: > > > On 23 jui 2003, Lloyd Zusman outgrape: > > > > > I'm making use of several nnimap groups, each of which being > > > defined within `gnus-secondary-select-methods'. As far as I can > > > tell, each one is defined identically, the only difference being > > > their names. > > > > > > However, only the first of these three gets updated during > > > `gnus-group-get-new-news'. [ ... ] > > > > > > [ ... ] > > > > > > Could any of you suggest some possible variables or settings that > > > might control this? > > > > Maybe a clue : do you take advantage of (*the so cool*) (un)plug > > feature ? > > > > Ok forget about that it can't be the source of your problems ;) > > > > Maybe you have defined an alist of servers not to be checked during > > a g-g-g-n-n ? (at least automatically) > > Not that I know of. Is there such an alist that's a standard part of > gnus? I did not define my own. I don't think so. > > [...] > > Maybe your groups are not on the same level ? Maybe you inhibit > > some hooks such as gnus-get-top-news-hook or gnus-get-new-news-hook > > ? > > Nope ... all of them are at the same level. And I invoke the > function with no argument. Hmmm... > > Sorry if I am not clear but I am still a n00b at trying to help > > people getting out of their problems :) > > You are quite clear, and I thank you sincerely. This just turns out > to still be a mystery to me. It is also a mystery to me. I really don't see why this happens. Did you check the availability of your servers ? Maybe only one is activated at a time ? Or there is a problem with gnus-slave ? If you find out the solution, would you mine to post it here ? I am quite interested in having it just in case it happens to me ;) Regards, zeDek -- "Most people deserve each other."