On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Andreas Fuchs said: > Hi, Hi, > I am about to move my mails from an nnml spool to an imap-based Same here :) I've just switched to use Cyrus Imapd here instead of qpopper. > setup, and, naturally, I wonder how to keep spam filtering as speedy > and useful as it currently is. Sounds interesting. > My plan (which requires a shell account and a spam classifier on the > imap server) is this one: > > 1. Have a spam filter which runs on the server pre-classify > mails. Spam mails should get a X-Spam: yes header or similar. Same here. I am doing this using a weird scheme composed with bogofilter, spamassassin/razor and UCE native rules of my MTA. > 2. Use gnus and nnimap-split-fancy to split mail into the correct > groups. Yup > 3. When exiting a group, do this: > 1| when in a spam group, move all non-spam-marked articles to a > group `INBOX.ham.reclassify'. 1| when not in a spam group, > move all spam-marked articles to a group > `INBOX.spam.reclassify'. 2 Start, via ssh (or let a cron job > run), an imap client on the server which reclassifies the > articles and moves spam to the spam inbox and ham to the > regular inbox, so that it can be re-split. Sounds good to me. > Does that make sense? Would this be usable on a multi-user imap > server? Comments? Who would be interesed in this? I like this approach and I am interested in implementing such a thing with a config based on yours :) Please tell me when you got something functionnal. I will on my side try to do something closed to you. Cheers, zeDek