On 1 nov 2005, Reiner Steib told this: > On Mon, Oct 31 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote: > > > So, is there a way to start gnus in unplugged state without > > the use of gnus agent ? In fact I would like to be able to > > read cached articles and/or send mails even if I am not > > connected to any network. > > ,----[ (info "(gnus)The Server is Down") ] > > If you know that the server is definitely down, or you just > > want to read your mail without bothering with the server at > > all, you can use the `gnus-no-server' command to start Gnus. > > That might come in handy if you're in a hurry as well. This > > command will not attempt to contact your primary > > server--instead, it will just activate all groups on level 1 > > and 2. (You should preferably keep no native groups on those > > two levels.) Also *note Group Levels::. > `---- Hum not sure I understand that. Here, I use nnill as my gnus-select-method. All the rest is stuck into gnus-secondary-method and on level 3. Does that mean, I need to put all relevant groups on 1 and 2 levels ? Thank you -- GNUSFR.ORG http://gnusfr.org/ EMACSFR.ORG http://emacsfr.org/ Xavier Maillard Tel: +33 6 68 04 64 37