* [Q]: Question on a spam variable
@ 2005-02-12 22:25 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-12 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again,

The docstring for `gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents' is weird

,----[ C-h v gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents RET ]
| gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents's value is
| (("INBOX.mail.spam" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam))
|

| *Groups in which to automatically mark new articles as spam on
| summary entry.  If non-nil, this should be a list of group name
| regexps that should match all groups in which to do automatic spam
| tagging, associated with a classification (spam, ham, or neither).
| This only makes sense for mail groups.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `gnus'.
`----

It states that all groups listed are considered as spam groups
but we have to associate each group with a classification that
can be different from spam.

What is the purpose of the classification stuff here ?

Regards
--
Xavier Maillard
http://www.gnu-rox.org/~zedek/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

* Re: [Q]: Question on a spam variable
@ 2005-02-14 16:44 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-02-14 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:

> The docstring for `gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents' is weird
>
> It states that all groups listed are considered as spam groups
> but we have to associate each group with a classification that
> can be different from spam.

Thanks for noticing that.  It's not only meaningful for mail groups
anymore, so that's another doc bug :)

I have rewritten the docsctring to:

   "*Group classification (spam, ham, or neither).  Only meaningful
when spam.el is loaded.  If non-nil, this should be a list of group
name regexps, associated with a classification.  In spam groups, new
articles are marked as spam on summary entry.  There is other behavior
associated with ham and no classification when spam.el is loaded - see
the manual."

Let me know if it's still unclear.

Ted

* Re: [Q]: Question on a spam variable
@ 2005-02-16 16:31   ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-02-16 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Feb 14 2005, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> Thanks for noticing that.  It's not only meaningful for mail groups
> anymore, so that's another doc bug :)
>
> I have rewritten the docsctring to:
>
>    "*Group classification (spam, ham, or neither).  Only meaningful
[...]

Could you apply this and your other bug fixes and doc fixes to the
v5-10 branch (if necessary there)?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: [Q]: Question on a spam variable
@ 2005-02-16 19:20     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-02-16 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc wrote:

On Mon, Feb 14 2005, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

>> Thanks for noticing that.  It's not only meaningful for mail groups
>> anymore, so that's another doc bug :)
>>
>> I have rewritten the docsctring to:
>>
>>    "*Group classification (spam, ham, or neither).  Only meaningful
> [...]
>
> Could you apply this and your other bug fixes and doc fixes to the
> v5-10 branch (if necessary there)?

I think I got the two fixes (one doc, one registry bug) that needed to
be comitted.  Thanks for reminding me.

Ted

* Re: [Q]: Question on a spam variable
@ 2005-02-19 14:53   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-19 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 14 fév 2005, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> I have rewritten the docsctring to:
>
> "*Group classification (spam, ham, or neither). Only meaningful
> when spam.el is loaded. If non-nil, this should be a list of
> group name regexps, associated with a classification. In spam
> groups, new articles are marked as spam on summary entry. There
> is other behavior associated with ham and no classification
> when spam.el is loaded - see the manual."
>
> Let me know if it's still unclear.

Much more better ;) Thank you for your time.

--
Hacker Wonderland      Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.                 zedek@gnu-rox.orgz|