On 14 jui 2003, Florian Weimer verbalised: > Well, I've just lost ~200 messages. *sigh* Oups ;) > It seems that Emacs 21.3 (or Gnus 5.10.3) can't cope with network > outages during a POP3 download. Furthermore, from time to time > during POP3 download, Emacs runs into an infinite loop, eating 100% > CPU. Not enough informations to provide help on that ! can you give us more informations ? AFAIK, I didn't get that since I use Gnus. I frequently hit g and get about 1000 messages to download and no problems here. Concerning the 100% CPU problem, I get that when Gnus is splitting a huge number of messages. But it only happens at the splitting's beginning (about 2 or 3 seconds long) and then all is going right. zeDek -- http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site Anti-war disclaimer: "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"