On 13 jui 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote: > Xavier Maillard writes: > > > Nice feature to have. I only wonder how you, guys, use the gnus > > (un)plug feature. I mean here I am automagically unplugged when and > > only when I do NOT have any network connection (e.g. in the train). > > When I log in, ~/.xinitrc starts Gnus unplugged. Not exactly the same way I do but your way is good too. > I get up in the morning. I turn on the laptop. I log in. I wait > for Gnus to start. I go plugged. I fetch news. I have breakfast > and take a shower. I go back to the laptop and get new mail and > fetch news once more, just for the heck of it. I do something for a > minute. I go back to the laptop, go unplugged, hibernate the laptop, > put it in my backpack. > > I go to the trainstation. In the train, I wake up the laptop, read > mail in unplugged mode and answer it and so on. At the end of the > train ride, I shut down the laptop. I must admit this is how I thought everybody used to use the plugged/unplugged stuff so it fully match my thought :) At least this is how I DO and I imagine. > In the office, I put the laptop into the docking station and turn it > on. (I had shut it down before because Linux doesn't like to wake up > in the docking station for various reasons.) I log in. I wait for > Gnus to appear. I plug it. I send queued messages. I work. Wow ! You can use your linux box at work !! This is not my case, indeed :( I have to travel everyday with my 2 laptops : mine and another running the evil OS ! > In the evening, it's ``same procedure as every year, James''. Same. zeDek -- http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site Anti-war disclaimer: "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"