* PGP/GPG status quo?
@ 2001-11-21  8:17 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-11-21  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

If I have the most recent Gnus from CVS, is it true that I don't need
Mailcrypt anymore because Gnus can do everything with gpg.el and
friends?

(I still use PGP 2.6.3ia, if that's important.  Maybe I should update
to GnuPG.)

kai
--
Simplification good!  Oversimplification bad!  (Larry Wall)

* Re: PGP/GPG status quo?
@ 2001-11-21 10:26 ` Fabien Penso
From: Fabien Penso @ 2001-11-21 10:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai on Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:17:39 +0100 wrote:

 > If I have the most recent Gnus from CVS, is it true that I don't need
 > Mailcrypt anymore because Gnus can do everything with gpg.el and
 > friends?

No, you don't need it anymore, I've just upgraded, works perfect. Also
you won't have to type the password twice, for mailcrypt and for gpg.el
:)

I've updated my bbdb-pgp.el at http://perso.linuxfr.org/penso/lisp/ so
it doesn't use mailcrypt anymore, and you can choose MIME or plain
sig/crypt.

 > (I still use PGP 2.6.3ia, if that's important.  Maybe I should update
 > to GnuPG.)

Hmm don't know about it. I do use GnuPG, you should too. It's free ! :p

--
Fabien Penso <penso@linuxfr.org> | LinuxFr a toujours besoin de :
http://perso.LinuxFR.org/penso/  | http://linuxfr.org/dons/

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 239 bytes --]

* Re: PGP/GPG status quo?
@ 2001-11-21 18:33 ` Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-11-21 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

The only thing I miss from Mailcrypt is mc-snarf which would get
public keys from the bodies of messages.  I have also run into a
problem with gpg.el where I can't tell it what keys to use, whereas
with Mailcrypt I could change the recipients.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org