* [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-03 17:22 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-08-03 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I may be wrong but it seems there were significant changes on
Faces front in Gnus since my color-theme settings no longer work.

Have you changed anything but face names recently ?

Regards
--
Xavier MAILLARD (GnuPG: 1024D/1E028EA5)
EmacsOS user (http://emacsfr.org)

* Re: [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-03 18:01 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-08-03 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 03 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> I may be wrong but it seems there were significant changes on
> Faces front in Gnus since my color-theme settings no longer work.
>
> Have you changed anything but face names recently ?

When using a development version, you're supposed to follow the list
or read the ChangeLogs.  Hint: 2005-06-16.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-03 20:43   ` Frank Schmitt
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2005-08-03 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Wed, Aug 03 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
>> I may be wrong but it seems there were significant changes on
>> Faces front in Gnus since my color-theme settings no longer work.
>>
>> Have you changed anything but face names recently ?
>
> When using a development version, you're supposed to follow the list
> or read the ChangeLogs.  Hint: 2005-06-16.

The problem, that this change breaks all color-themes does still
exist. To be more specific: My customized faces are only used if I call
color-theme-foo after Gnus has loaded, if I first load the color-theme
and then Gnus, the customized faces aren't used.

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough

* Re: [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-04  3:25   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-08-04  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3 aoû 2005, Reiner Steib spake thusly:

> On Wed, Aug 03 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > I may be wrong but it seems there were significant changes on
> > Faces front in Gnus since my color-theme settings no longer
> > work.
> >
> > Have you changed anything but face names recently ?
>
> When using a development version, you're supposed to follow the
> list or read the ChangeLogs. Hint: 2005-06-16.

Hum thanks. In fact I don't follow and read changelogs for a few
months now (I am in a big hurry). Sorry for that and thank you
for the hint ;)
--
.o.  | Hacker wonderland
..o  |

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-04 19:25     ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-08-04 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Aug 03 2005, Frank Schmitt wrote:

> The problem, that this change breaks all color-themes does still
> exist.

Did you report the problem to Miles back then?  (IIRC has asked for
feedback on this list.)

> To be more specific: My customized faces are only used if I call
> color-theme-foo after Gnus has loaded, if I first load the color-theme
> and then Gnus, the customized faces aren't used.

I don't know anything about color-theme and I'm not familiar with the
face-alias mechanism.

Maybe you can put something in...

,----[ C-h v gnus-started-hook RET ]
| gnus-started-hook's value is nil
|
| A hook called as the last thing after startup.
`----

... to achieve it automatically.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-04 19:29     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-08-04 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 3 aoû 2005, Frank Schmitt uttered the following:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 03 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> >
> > > I may be wrong but it seems there were significant changes
> > > on Faces front in Gnus since my color-theme settings no
> > > longer work.
> > >
> > > Have you changed anything but face names recently ?
> >
> > When using a development version, you're supposed to follow
> > the list or read the ChangeLogs. Hint: 2005-06-16.
>
> The problem, that this change breaks all color-themes does
> still exist. To be more specific: My customized faces are only
> used if I call color-theme-foo after Gnus has loaded, if I
> first load the color-theme and then Gnus, the customized faces
> aren't used.

Yeah that's the expected behavior :p I am about to publish a new
release since I have several bug fixes to release.

A+
--
.o.   Xavier Maillard            Tel: +33 6 68 04 64 37

@ 2005-08-04 20:33     ` Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2005-08-04 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The problem, that this change breaks all color-themes does still
> exist. To be more specific: My customized faces are only used if I
> call color-theme-foo after Gnus has loaded, if I first load the
> color-theme and then Gnus, the customized faces aren't used.

I've been working around this in `color-theme-hober2'[0] by defining
both the old face name and the new face name.

Ted

0. http://edward.oconnor.cx/elisp/color-theme-hober2.el

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0@gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

* Re: [Q]: Faces ?
@ 2005-08-06 20:34       ` Frank Schmitt
From: Frank Schmitt @ 2005-08-06 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Wed, Aug 03 2005, Frank Schmitt wrote:
>
>> The problem, that this change breaks all color-themes does still
>> exist.
>
> Did you report the problem to Miles back then?  (IIRC has asked for
> feedback on this list.)

No sorry, I don't follow the lists as closely as I used to. Couldn't we
put the face alias definitions in gnus-load.el?