* smtpmail.el oddities
@ 2005-02-04 14:24 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-04 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I already talked about this problem.

It occurs I can't send mail using smtpmail.el package when I am
using a WiFi connection.

I don't really see what the problem is.

The trace goes well until the 'QUIT' command but no answer is
emitted by the SMTP server whereas when using a cable connection,
the server is well answering a 221 bye command.

Please, can someone explain me what can be the spin here because
I really can't live that way.

For the pessimistic, I tested I could send mail using either WiFi
or Cable using two other tools:

1. telnet
2. mutt

All went well so I really suspect something in smtpmail but don't
have the clue to prove anything...

--
Xavier Maillard, zedek@gnu-rox.org

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: smtpmail.el oddities
@ 2005-02-05 18:07 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-05 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  4 fév 2005, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> Hello,

Re,

> I already talked about this problem.
>
> It occurs I can't send mail using smtpmail.el package when I am
> using a WiFi connection.
>
> I don't really see what the problem is.
>
> The trace goes well until the 'QUIT' command but no answer is
> emitted by the SMTP server whereas when using a cable
> connection, the server is well answering a 221 bye command.
>
> Please, can someone explain me what can be the spin here
> because I really can't live that way.
>
> For the pessimistic, I tested I could send mail using either
> WiFi or Cable using two other tools:
>
> 1. telnet
> 2. mutt
>
> All went well so I really suspect something in smtpmail but
> don't have the clue to prove anything...

Well, I tried a last test and it seems to work. Apparently, the
problem comes from the ipw2100 drivers. I say "apparently"
because I am still astonished that only smtpmail have had
problems.

More to come in a few days (testing process).

Regards.
--
.o.   Xavier Maillard            Tel: +33 6 68 04 64 37
..o

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* [SOLVED] (was: smtpmail.el oddities)
@ 2005-02-09 22:43   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2005-02-09 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)