On 3 mai 2003, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote: > Xavier Maillard writes: > > > I was taking my shower (yes I do sometimes :)), when something > > weird appeared in my mind : what does Gnus means exactly ? What the > > 's' meaning ? > > I think it's a phonetic pun. "Gnu" (when referring to the animal) is > usually pronounced "new", so "GNUS" is "news", which is kinda apt for > a news reader. Sure ;) > I pronounce it with a hard "g", though, which makes the pun kinda > disappear into the ether. Same here. I used to pronounce the 'g' cuz' of the GNU acronym :) zeDek -- http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site Anti-war disclaimer: "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"