On 1 mai 2003, Jaap-Henk Hoepman outgrape: > In the info files, node "Agent Basics" it says: > > * You then decide to see whether any new news has arrived. You > connect your machine to the net (using PPP or whatever), and then > hit `J j' to make Gnus become "plugged" and use `g' to check for > new mail as usual. To check for new mail in unplugged mode, see > (*Note Mail Source Specifiers::). > > However, in the node "Mail Source Specifiers" there is no such > information. And anyway, is there any point in checking for mail in > unplugged mode? I mean, the local machine is supposed to be offline, > no? I personnaly use this feature. So I have told to Gnus to check for new mails even in 'unplugged' mode. Here is how I achieve this : ,---- | (eval-after-load "mail-source" | '(add-to-list 'mail-sources '(pop :server "MYSERVER" | :user "USER" :password "PASS" :plugged t | ))) `---- > Jaap-Henk Cheers, zeDek -- http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site Anti-war disclaimer: "Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"