David S. Goldberg writes: > > > > > > On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:14:26 +0200, Xavier Maillard > > > > > > said: > > > I also want to do some clean up on my current mail directories and > > so I want to separate mails from news. > > I have a .Mail and a .News. Under the former is nnml directories. > Under the latter is score/adapt files and the agent directories. Do > you keep all that in the same place now? > > > In fact all I want to do is a simple 'cp' of my ~/Mail and from > > there, separate news from mails. So the final setup will look like > > : ~/.email ~/.news > > > I know which variable(s) I must change but I fear that at next > > startup of Gnus, all I will have is a not-workable setup (meaning > > gnus going crazy). > > I would first do a straight copy and leave everything in ~/Mail. Run > gnus, make sure all is well. copy, don't move, the groups/files etc > from ~/.Mail that you want into ~/.email. Backup your .newsrc* and > .emacs and .gnus files and edit to reflect the change. Run gnus and > make sure all is well. then do the same for .news. If all is well, > rename ~/Mail to something else. If all is well after than, remove > ~/Mail and you're all set. This is actually how I am planning to do it but it seems to be a pain :). If there is another quicker solution, I take it ;) (I have 4.9G of mails :)) zeDek -- "It's almost as pathetic as disgruntled Windows users writing "Open Letters" to Microsoft/billg asking them to improve windows. Why do they do this? It must be masochism." (Chris Mikkelson)