* Problem with signature verification using PGG
@ 2003-07-22 16:59 Sławek Żak
From: Sławek Żak @ 2003-07-22 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a big problem with verification of detached PGP signatures when the
messages are read from the Exchange mail server (don't ask why Exchange - not my
fault - really). Exchange 2K changes MIME part description section for some
unknown reason from this:

which is generated by Gnus, to this:

which makes PGP signature verification (W s in summary buffer) fail. I guess
that the MIME header is part of the signed message. Can I do something about
this?

/S

* Re: Problem with signature verification using PGG
@ 2003-07-24 17:17 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-07-24 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 22 jui 2003, Sâawek »ak told this:

>  Hi,

Hi,

>  I have a big problem with verification of detached PGP signatures
>  when the messages are read from the Exchange mail server (don't ask
>  why Exchange - not my fault - really). Exchange 2K changes MIME part
>  description section for some unknown reason from this:

>  which is generated by Gnus, to this:

>  which makes PGP signature verification (W s in summary buffer)
>  fail. I guess that the MIME header is part of the signed message. Can
>  I do something about this?

What about posting your current PGG settings ? Without this, we really
can't do accurate debugging :) And so we just can't help you
more. Furthermore I am almost sure we can give you a quick dirty hack
to fix this temporaly at least ;)

zeDek
--
"Die Breite an der Spitze ist dichter geworden." (Berti Vogts)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: Problem with signature verification using PGG
@ 2003-07-25 10:37   ` Sławek Żak
From: Sławek Żak @ 2003-07-25 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"zedek" == Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

  zedek> On 22 jui 2003, Sâawek ťak told this:
  >> I have a big problem with verification of detached PGP signatures when the
  >> messages are read from the Exchange mail server (don't ask why Exchange -
  >> not my fault - really). Exchange 2K changes MIME part description section
  >> for some unknown reason from this:

  >> which is generated by Gnus, to this:

  >> which makes PGP signature verification (W s in summary buffer) fail. I
  >> guess that the MIME header is part of the signed message. Can I do
  >> something about this?

  zedek> What about posting your current PGG settings ? Without this, we really
  zedek> can't do accurate debugging :) And so we just can't help you
  zedek> more.

Sure. These are my settings:

;; pgg settings
(require 'pgg)
(setq mml1991-use 'pgg
      mml2015-use 'pgg
      pgg-gpg-user-id "szak"
      pgg-cache-passphrase t
      pgg-passphrase-cache-expiry 600)

  zedek> Furthermore I am almost sure we can give you a quick dirty hack to fix
  zedek> this temporaly at least ;)

That could do :) Nevertheles I wonder why the MIME headers are verified along
with the message.

Thanks for response, /S
--
Sławek Żak : UNIX Systems Administrator : PTC Sp. zoo

* Re: Problem with signature verification using PGG
@ 2003-07-26  8:03     ` Ivan Boldyrev
From: Ivan Boldyrev @ 2003-07-26  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 8450 day of my life Sławek Żak wrote:

>   zedek> Furthermore I am almost sure we can give you a quick dirty
>   zedek> hack to fix this temporaly at least ;)
>
> That could do :) Nevertheles I wonder why the MIME headers are verified along
> with the message.

RFC 3156:

   (5)   As described in [2], the digital signature MUST be calculated
         over both the data to be signed and its set of content headers.
              ^^^^     ^^^^              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[2] is RFC 1847.

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                       XML -- new language of ML family.

* Re: Problem with signature verification using PGG
@ 2003-07-31  1:01 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2003-07-31  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Sławek Żak <szak@era.pl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a big problem with verification of detached PGP signatures when the
> messages are read from the Exchange mail server (don't ask why Exchange - not my
> fault - really). Exchange 2K changes MIME part description section for some
> unknown reason from this:

> which is generated by Gnus, to this:

> which makes PGP signature verification (W s in summary buffer) fail. I guess
> that the MIME header is part of the signed message. Can I do something about
> this?

No, complain to your administrator or vendor that the server corrupts
your mail.