* Need a fully working spam.el configuration (Urgent)
@ 2003-12-07 21:44 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-12-07 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Well after a few days of use of spam.el I am totally lost on what it is
supposed to do.

I thought it would try to determine the 'spamicity' of my mails but
according to what I saw, it just does not :(

I am pretty sure I have missed something so I am requesting your help.

What I need is a *full working* spam.el configuration example which is
running for you.

I use bogofilter with no pre-process (that is all the
fetching/processing is done through Gnus and just Gnus).

I need to have something which traps all candidate spam mails to a
group spam.candidates.

The spam marked manually by me should go in a group named spam.proven.

Then I would be very thankful to whom can explain me in simple terms
how I can :

* mark mails as ham in my spam.* groups
* can I tell spam.el to put all proven spam from spam.candidates go to
  spam.proven
* be sure all mails in my spam.proven are spams (showing me it with the
  spam mark which is not the case atm)

I know it is slightly not the list expects from its users but I have
totally fucked up my spam.el such like it doesn't recognize any spam at
all (I have to mark them *manually*).

Thank you in advance and sorry to bother you with my problems

zeDek

* Re: Need a fully working spam.el configuration (Urgent)
@ 2003-12-09 22:47 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-12-09 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:

> What I need is a *full working* spam.el configuration example which
> is running for you.

Sorry, mine does not use Bogofilter.  Look in the archives, I've
posted it many times.

> I use bogofilter with no pre-process (that is all the
> fetching/processing is done through Gnus and just Gnus).
>
> I need to have something which traps all candidate spam mails to a
> group spam.candidates.
>
> The spam marked manually by me should go in a group named
> spam.proven.

M-x customize-group spam

Then you have to set the group parameters the way you want them.  All
this has been discussed in this group.  Unfortunately I have had no
time to do revisions of the manual, so the information there is a
little out of date.  Sorry.

> Then I would be very thankful to whom can explain me in simple terms
> how I can :
>
> * mark mails as ham in my spam.* groups

Use the ham-marks group/topic parameter.

> * can I tell spam.el to put all proven spam from spam.candidates go
> to spam.proven

Yes, with spam-process-destination

> * be sure all mails in my spam.proven are spams (showing me it with
> the spam mark which is not the case atm)

Set the classification for that group to 'spam.

> I know it is slightly not the list expects from its users but I have
> totally fucked up my spam.el such like it doesn't recognize any spam
> at all (I have to mark them *manually*).

I'm glad to help, when I have the time.

Ted

* Re: Need a fully working spam.el configuration (Urgent)
@ 2003-12-10  0:22   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2003-12-10  0:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> disait récemment que :

> On Sun, 07 Dec 2003, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:
>
>> What I need is a *full working* spam.el configuration example which
>> is running for you.
>
> Sorry, mine does not use Bogofilter.  Look in the archives, I've
> posted it many times.

Yeah, I have already read the archives.

[...]

>> The spam marked manually by me should go in a group named
>> spam.proven.
>
> M-x customize-group spam
>
> Then you have to set the group parameters the way you want them.  All
> this has been discussed in this group.  Unfortunately I have had no
> time to do revisions of the manual, so the information there is a
> little out of date.  Sorry.

Can't it be set a more general way using regexps instead ?

[...]

>> * mark mails as ham in my spam.* groups
>
> Use the ham-marks group/topic parameter.

Ok.

>> * can I tell spam.el to put all proven spam from spam.candidates go
>> to spam.proven
>
> Yes, with spam-process-destination

Exactly what I have done before so OK.

>> * be sure all mails in my spam.proven are spams (showing me it with
>> the spam mark which is not the case atm)
>
> Set the classification for that group to 'spam.

Also did that way.

>> I know it is slightly not the list expects from its users but I have
>> totally fucked up my spam.el such like it doesn't recognize any spam
>> at all (I have to mark them *manually*).
>
> I'm glad to help, when I have the time.

Thank you ;)

@ 2003-12-10 20:10     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2003-12-10 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> disait récemment que :
>
>> On Sun, 07 Dec 2003, zedek@gnu-rox.org wrote:
>>
>>> The spam marked manually by me should go in a group named
>>> spam.proven.
>>
>> M-x customize-group spam
>>
>> Then you have to set the group parameters the way you want them.
>> All this has been discussed in this group.  Unfortunately I have
>> had no time to do revisions of the manual, so the information there
>> is a little out of date.  Sorry.
>
> Can't it be set a more general way using regexps instead ?

Yes, of course.  Customize gnus-spam-process-destinations.

>>> * mark mails as ham in my spam.* groups
>>
>> Use the ham-marks group/topic parameter.
>
> Ok.

There is also a regexp-based variable if you prefer,
gnus-parameter-ham-marks-alist.

Ted