From: Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org>
Subject: Re: Dumplicated 'To' fields
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:03:20 +0200	[thread overview]

On 3 jun 2003, Simon Josefsson outgrape:

>  Jesper Harder <harder@myrealbox.com> writes:
>
> >  Simon Josefsson <jas@extundo.com> writes:

> > >  See RFC 2822 4.5 for the obs-to field definition, which is
> > >  identical to the to field definition, but can occur several
> > >  times.
> >
> >  Ah, yes you're right -- it's obsolete, but clients should still be
> >  able to interpret it.
>
>  Perhaps Gnus could warn if the user types multiple To: lines though?

Not a too bad idea. In fact I don't really know why user can enter 2 or
more 'To' fields. That doesn't sound natural to me.

>  OTOH, minibuffer queries are pure evil, so the warning must be
>  non-obtrusive if it is present at all.  Perhaps coloring the second
>  To red and having a balloon help with information would work; or some
>  tty-friendlier variation of the same idea.

Seems good.

>  Perhaps other message.el warnings could be recast like this too.  The
>  non-legible character set question would be really nice to get rid of
>  IMHO.  Just highlight the illegible text in the message buffer, and
>  when the user sends the message, really do send it.

That's an idea we can work on and maybe generalize to all the same
situation. I vote for.

Thanx for all your enlightenments and your quick and clear answers
guys. Maybe some day I will read the mail dedicated RFCs. BTW, which
RFCs are the most important ? I mean which one should be read and known
for somebody wnating to hack a little more into the Gnus core ?

zeDek
--
http://www.gnusfr.org -- French Gnus user site

Anti-war disclaimer:
	"Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity"