From: Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org>
Subject: Re: Group buffer with user notes
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:43:44 +0200	[thread overview]

On 19 sep 2004, Georges Ko wrote:

> Hello,

Yo,

> As I have a lot of mail and news groups, I have written some
> quick and dirty code to display my own notes below some groups
> so that I don't have to remember things such as:
>
> - groups where I'm waiting some responses
> - mail I have to reply to
> - threads to follow
> - ...
>
> without having to enter the groups...
>
> Examples:
>
> 0  1956:[3] gmane.emacs.gnus.general
> > Thread to follow: Group buffer with user notes
> 0* 1162:[3] nnml:mail.Personal
> > Wait feed back from Mary
> > Answer Eric's mail before 10/6
>
> If I hit C-c C-e on the group line (or in the Summary buffer),
> I'll edit some file named the same as the group in some
> directory, which contains the notes for that group...
>
> Has someone written something similar?

I have something that "log" my mail/news reading/posting into the
diary buffer.

It is something written by Sacha. Here it is:

,----
| ;; From http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/wiki/2003.05.31.php
| (defun message-to-diary ()
|   (make-diary-entry (concat
| 		     (calendar-date-string (calendar-current-date) t)
| 		     (if (message-fetch-field "newsgroups")
| 			 (concat " Sent news To: " (message-fetch-field "newsgroups"))
| 		       (concat " Sent mail To: " (message-fetch-field "to")))
| 		     " Subject: \"" (message-fetch-field "subject") "\""
|
| (add-hook 'message-sent-hook 'message-to-diary)
`----

As it is free software, you gain control other what you can do
with it ;) Test it and modify it to suit your needs.

Regards
--
      Xavier Maillard| "Stand Back! I'm a programmer!"
.0.             zedek@gnu-rox.orgz|