* [HS]: Is this list mirrored somewhere in the usenet world ?
@ 2004-05-06  0:00 Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-05-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I think all is said in the subject.

I  thought,  ding  mailing   list  was  mirrored  on  gnu.emacs.gnus  or
something but  I am subscribed  to both and  don't get the  same content
using either group :/

Any clue ?

Regards,

zeDek
--
Registered Linux-User #340967 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.

* Re: [HS]: Is this list mirrored somewhere in the usenet world ?
@ 2004-05-06  4:47 ` Hiroshi Fujishima
From: Hiroshi Fujishima @ 2004-05-06  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I  thought,  ding  mailing   list  was  mirrored  on  gnu.emacs.gnus  or
> something but  I am subscribed  to both and  don't get the  same content
> using either group :/

Does setting gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates and using nnvirtual solve
the problem?

--
Hiroshi Fujishima

* Re: [HS]: Is this list mirrored somewhere in the usenet world ?
@ 2004-05-06  6:00 ` Vasily Korytov
From: Vasily Korytov @ 2004-05-06  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 06 May 2004 02:00:06 +0200, Xavier Maillard wrote:

> I think all is said in the subject.

Yep. gmane.emacs.gnus.general. =))

--
       I accept RFC3156 and RFC2440-compatible encrypted mail.
PGP key fingerprint: 3273 7F6F 7B87 5DD5 9848 05FB E442 86BC 2E6B 6831

* Re: [HS]: Is this list mirrored somewhere in the usenet world ?
@ 2004-05-06 12:21   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-05-06 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On  6 May 2004, Vasily Korytov wrote:

> On Thu, 06 May 2004 02:00:06 +0200, Xavier Maillard wrote:
>
> > I think all is said in the subject.
>
> Yep. gmane.emacs.gnus.general. =))

:p

--
Xavier MAILLARD (GnuPG: 1024D/1E028EA5)
EmacsOS user (http://emacsfr.org)

* Re: [HS]: Is this list mirrored somewhere in the usenet world ?
@ 2004-05-06 12:22   ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2004-05-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates RET ]
| gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates's value is nil
|
| *If non-nil, ignore articles with identical Message-ID headers.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| Defined in `gnus-sum'.
`----

So my guess  is that I should  be able to see in  both groups, shouldn't
I ?

What is the story with nnvirtual though ?

Regards,
--
GNUSFR.ORG                       http://gnusfr.org/
EMACSFR.ORG                      http://emacsfr.org/

* Re: [HS]: Is this list mirrored somewhere in the usenet world ?
@ 2004-05-07  8:06     ` Hiroshi Fujishima
From: Hiroshi Fujishima @ 2004-05-07  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > > I  thought, ding  mailing  list was  mirrored  on gnu.emacs.gnus  or
> > > something but I am subscribed to both and don't get the same content
> > > using either group :/
> >
> > Does setting gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates and using nnvirtual solve

> ,----[ C-h v gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates RET ]
> | gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates's value is nil
> |
> | *If non-nil, ignore articles with identical Message-ID headers.
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> |
> | Defined in `gnus-sum'.
> `----

> So my guess  is that I should  be able to see in  both groups, shouldn't
> I ?

> What is the story with nnvirtual though ?

Typing `G m Gnus RET nnvirtual RET \`\(ding\|gnu\.emacs\.gnus\)\' RET'
in group buffer creates the Gnus nnvirtual group which contains ding
mailing list and gnus.emacs.gnus.  And Setting
gnus-summary-ignore-duplicates hides articles which have identical
Message-ID headers in the nnvirtual group.

--
Hiroshi Fujishima