On 5 Jan 2004, Reiner Steib<4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> verbalized: > Hi, > > currently we have two places were new (user-visible) features are > described: > > 1. The node (info "(gnus)New Features") in `texi/gnus.texi' > > 2. GNUS-NEWS (plain test file in outline mode). > > Is the intention that both places should contain (essentially) the > same information? > > I think we should (and must) keep GNUS-NEWS for several reasons (e.g. > for later inclusion in Emacs' NEWS file and to allow users to see > what's new without installing the info manual). > > Shouldn't we declare one "master" and create the other automatically? > (What I usually do is write an entry for `gnus.texi', Copy&Paste the > formated info-output to GNUS-NEWS and adjust it slightly (line breaks, > etc). Creating the text version first and adding the markup later is > very annoying, IMHO.) > > Maybe it would make sense to factor out the No Gnus node (i.e. the > current version) to `gnus-news.texi', add "@include gnus-news.texi" in > `gnus.texi' and convert `gnus-news.texi' to GNUS-NEWS automatically. > > Running »makeinfo --no-headers --paragraph-indent=0 --fill-column=83« > on `gnus-news.texi' already gives acceptable output (see a quick test > below). Of course some modifications have to be done (by sed or in > lisp). > > Opinions? I do agree with that. zeDek -- .o. | Hacker wonderland ..o | ooo |