Hi, I am just planning right now to move all my mails from one location to another as I will have a new laptop in less than a week. I also want to do some clean up on my current mail directories and so I want to separate mails from news. Problem is I can't remember (if I ever knew ;)) what is the best practice to achieve such a task. In fact all I want to do is a simple 'cp' of my ~/Mail and from there, separate news from mails. So the final setup will look like : ~/.email ~/.news I know which variable(s) I must change but I fear that at next startup of Gnus, all I will have is a not-workable setup (meaning gnus going crazy). So except the cp stuff, what do I need to do ? Regenerate my newsrc file ? It is quite urgent so in case someone has an idea ... Thanx, zeDek -- "mal ne ganz dumme frage: wo zum geier ist das config-file zu der SVGAlib ?? ich finds net :(" (Adam Kopacz in d.c.o.l.m)