From: Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org>
Subject: nnrss problem: old become new ??
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 19:42:35 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello,

As a heavy nnrss user, I'd like to see some improvements.

Maybe it is already done and I don't use it the right way...

So let's begin.

I am  always facing  the same annoyance  when reading RSS  feeds withing
Gnus. It seems Gnus is not able  to keep track of my readings and always
show me  the old  (read) entries as  new (unread)  ones ! This  is quite
annoying because it forces me to enter the group to check what is new.

Is there any  way I can prevent nnrss  backend to act that way  ? I mean
can't it try to smartly track articles just the same as other backends ?

For instance, whenever I read an  article, I clearly see the 'R' mark, I
still can  set the 'E'  'r' ... marks.  Exiting the group  and returning
into it is ok.  But whenever I g-g-n (ie. 'g' in  the group server), the
contents of my nnrss groups are updated with bad informations.

SOmething weird:  if I tick  a read message,  exit the group  and g-g-n,
the ticked article is not shown as new (and unread) but is still ticked.

It seems only ticked articles are ok but others aren't.

I don't know  if it is doable or  not but my guess is  that it shouldn't
be too hard to implement this.

Once again, maybe I misuse it and  in this case I would like you to help
me configure it.

Regards,
--
Registered Linux-User #340967 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.