* Wrong number of arguments
@ 1996-06-21 18:17 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1996-06-21 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Platform: Sun Sparc, Solaris 2.5, GNU emacs 19.31, gnus 5.2.24

When opening a newsgroup (comp.lang.c++ at news.eunet.no, 303 new
articles+3 marked as unread), I get the message
	Wrong number of arguments: #<subr max>, 0
which I can'remember having seen before.  I tried restarting gnus, and
then opening the group, with the same result.

Doing a catch up on the group, let me access the marked as unread
articles.

- Steinar

* Re: Wrong number of arguments
@ 1996-06-21 19:13 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1996-06-21 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Platform: Sun Sparc, Solaris 2.5, GNU emacs 19.31, gnus 5.2.24

> When opening a newsgroup (comp.lang.c++ at news.eunet.no, 303 new
> articles+3 marked as unread), I get the message
> 	Wrong number of arguments: #<subr max>, 0
> which I can'remember having seen before.  I tried restarting gnus, and
> then opening the group, with the same result.

> Doing a catch up on the group, let me access the marked as unread
> articles.

Some more facts: this seems to happen on all groups with more than 120
(or so) unread articles (the smallest one this happened with had
120-odd new articles).

@ 1996-06-21 19:22   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1996-06-21 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>> Platform: Sun Sparc, Solaris 2.5, GNU emacs 19.31, gnus 5.2.24

>> When opening a newsgroup (comp.lang.c++ at news.eunet.no, 303 new
>> articles+3 marked as unread), I get the message
>> Wrong number of arguments: #<subr max>, 0
>> which I can'remember having seen before.  I tried restarting gnus, and
>> then opening the group, with the same result.

>> Doing a catch up on the group, let me access the marked as unread
>> articles.

> Some more facts: this seems to happen on all groups with more than 120
> (or so) unread articles (the smallest one this happened with had
> 120-odd new articles).

Record so far: got the error message on 62 new articles

* Re: Wrong number of arguments
@ 1996-06-21 19:50     ` Scott Byer
From: Scott Byer @ 1996-06-21 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar> Record so far: got the error message on 62 new articles

I have an nnvirtual that barfed the same way with only 8 unread.  I tried
_everything_ I could do to work around it short of destroying and recreating
the group - catching up in *Group*, editing the .newsrc.elc file, but I just
cannot enter that group anymore (5.2.23).

It was fine in 5.2.19.

-Scott

* Re: Wrong number of arguments: #<subr max>, 0
@ 1996-06-21 19:57     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1996-06-21 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>>> Doing a catch up on the group, let me access the marked as unread
>>> articles.

>> Some more facts: this seems to happen on all groups with more than 120
>> (or so) unread articles (the smallest one this happened with had
>> 120-odd new articles).

> Record so far: got the error message on 62 new articles

And a group with 75 articles worked OK.  I *think* it may be happening
in groups I do adaptive scoring in, but it doesn't happen in all of
these groups.