* Extra carriage returns for some emails?
@ 1999-10-19 18:34 Jody M. Klymak
From: Jody M. Klymak @ 1999-10-19 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Somebody else asked about this, but I did not see a response posted.
I'm using pgnus 0.97, NTEmacs 20.4.1.  Some emails that I read have
Mozilla formating (I think thats the common element).  pgnus parses
them fine, but inserts extra carriage returns on every line, and more
importantly, in *every* buffer, including the minibuffer.  I do not
know how to kill these (or stop them from occuring), and must exit
emacs completely and restart.  Its very annoying and forces me to run
gnus and the rest of my emacs in different instances of emacs.

Any help appreciated,

Jody

--
Jody Klymak                         APL/School of Oceanography,
Doctoral Candidate                  University of Washington

* Re: Extra carriage returns for some emails?
@ 1999-11-06 22:18 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-11-06 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jody M. Klymak" <jklymak@apl.washington.edu> writes:

> Somebody else asked about this, but I did not see a response posted.
> I'm using pgnus 0.97, NTEmacs 20.4.1.  Some emails that I read have
> Mozilla formating (I think thats the common element).  pgnus parses
> them fine, but inserts extra carriage returns on every line, and more
> importantly, in *every* buffer, including the minibuffer.

This sounds like w3 has altered the default face (or something).

Does setting `w3-user-fonts-take-precedence' help?

* Re: Extra carriage returns for some emails?
@ 1999-11-06 22:34   ` Jody M. Klymak
From: Jody M. Klymak @ 1999-11-06 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Lars,

I have the following set in my .emacs, without much knowledge of what
it means (got it off this group list I believe).

Next time I run across one of these emails I will bookmark it so I can debug
the problem.

Thanks,  Jody

;:*=======================
;:* This is for W3 to deal with bad HTML mails/postings
;;  Mostly stolen from Per Abrahamsen
(setq
 w3-user-fonts-take-precedence t
 w3-user-colors-take-precedence t