* Re: Gnus mangles one of my group names
       [not found] <q5gis9gyrpp.fsf@lucent.com>
@ 2004-10-12 14:43 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-10-12 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-pretest-bug, Ding List

[ I'll CC the Gnus list.  Please keep the CC intact when replying.
  (Maybe we can even drop emacs-pretest-bug?) ]

On Tue, Oct 12 2004, Klaus Zeitler wrote:

> All of a sudden (since about 2 weeks) one of my nnml groups (called bridge)
> gets mangled every time a new mail arrives.
>
> When I receive a mail, that Gnus is supposed to distribute to this group,
> Gnus instead creates a new group with the odd name "bridge?bridge".
> I think there's some ascii character, maybe C-j, between the duplicated group
> names.
> The active file then additionally contains a new entry:
> --- snip ---
> bridge\
> bridge 1 1 y
> --- snip ---
>
> an ls in ~/Mail shows something similar as new group name:
> bridge?bridge

What is the output of "ls -b"?

> The old group remains unaffected. Everything's still there and the entry in
> active file is also ok.
>
> I noticed this the first time right after Gnus in CVS emacs got updated. I
> haven't changed anything in my gnus configuration for months.
>
> Does anybody have an idea?

Could you show us your mail splitting setup (or the relevant parts of
it)?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Gnus mangles one of my group names
@ 2004-10-13  6:48   ` Klaus Zeitler
From: Klaus Zeitler @ 2004-10-13  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Ding List

Well I found it, of course a few hours after I posted my problem :-(.
Somehow a few of my gnus-private entries in bbdb got mangled from "name" to
"name\nname", though I have no idea how.
Sorry for the noise and casting suspicion on Gnus :-).

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
Life is too important to take seriously. -- Corky Siegel