* Setting group/topic parameters via lisp
@ 2001-06-27 22:13 Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 2001-06-27 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there some way to set group/topic parameters via lisp, perhaps in a
hook somewhere or perhaps in .gnus?

I use IMAP, but I lose group/topic parameters when I access mail from
different machines (home -vs- work, etc.).  I already keep .gnus in a
revision control system and keep it synchronized, so that is the
logical place for my group/topic parameters.

* Re: Setting group/topic parameters via lisp
@ 2001-06-27 22:29 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-06-27 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com> writes:
> Is there some way to set group/topic parameters via lisp, perhaps in a
> hook somewhere or perhaps in .gnus?

C-h v gnus-parameters RET

paul

* Re: Setting group/topic parameters via lisp
@ 2001-06-28  0:58   ` Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 2001-06-28  0:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

prj@po.cwru.edu (Paul Jarc) writes:

> Matt Armstrong <matt@lickey.com> writes:
> > Is there some way to set group/topic parameters via lisp, perhaps in a
> > hook somewhere or perhaps in .gnus?
>
> C-h v gnus-parameters RET

Excellent!

Is this not in the info documentation because it is preliminary, or we
just forgot?

* Re: Setting group/topic parameters via lisp
@ 2001-06-28  5:30 ` Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2001-06-28  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

ma> I use IMAP, but I lose group/topic parameters when I access mail from
ma> different machines (home -vs- work, etc.).  I already keep .gnus in a
ma> revision control system and keep it synchronized, so that is the
ma> logical place for my group/topic parameters.

I think I noticed on http://my.gnus.org a trick to get the
.newsrc.eld to be saved in an IMAP folder.  I'm tempted to explore
something along those lines because of this problem of accessing
the IMAP server for a multitude of locations......

--
Amos

* Re: Setting group/topic parameters via lisp
@ 2001-06-28  9:36     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-06-28  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Matt Armstrong wrote:

> Is this not in the info documentation because it is preliminary, or
> we just forgot?

I think it was forgotten.

kai
--