* How do I create an XEmacs package from CVS Gnus?
@ 2001-08-19  3:00 Jack Twilley
From: Jack Twilley @ 2001-08-19  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd love to install my CVS Gnus "properly".

That means using the package install tools.  Does anyone else do this?
It would be cool for those of us who don't always have root where we
read our email.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley
jmt at twilley dot org

* Re: How do I create an XEmacs package from CVS Gnus?
@ 2001-08-19  4:03 ` Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2001-08-19  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

jack> I'd love to install my CVS Gnus "properly".
jack> That means using the package install tools.  Does anyone else do this?
jack> It would be cool for those of us who don't always have root where we
jack> read our email.

You can install it into ~/.xemacs/xemacs-packages/.  I just
configure as follows:

  ./configure \
      --infodir=$HOME/.xemacs/xemacs-packages/info \
      --with-lispdir=$HOME/.xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp/gnus \
      --with-etcdir=$HOME/.xemacs/xemacs-packages/etc

Though, I usually just remove the info/dir that gets installed as
xemacs seems to be able to build an index on the fly okay.

--
Amos