* Make in texinfo/ has been failing for me.
@ 1996-10-10  9:30 Wesley.Hardaker
From: Wesley.Hardaker @ 1996-10-10  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

doing a 'make EMACS=xemacs' in the 'texi' directory has been failing
for me.  It prints a message saying its loading the texinfmt library
and then quits without doing anything else.  I've solved this by
changing the line to:

xemacs -batch -q -no-site-file -eval '(find-file "custom.texi")' -l texinfmt -f texinfo-every-node-update -f texinfo-format-buffer -f save-buffer

This is on a Sun under both solaris or sunos.  Am I the only one
seeing this problem?  I assume this is more of a XEmacs bug than a
gnus one, but I thought I'd ask...

Wes

* Re: Make in texinfo/ has been failing for me.
@ 1996-10-10 22:40 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-10 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wesley.Hardaker@sphys.unil.ch writes:

> doing a 'make EMACS=xemacs' in the 'texi' directory has been failing
> for me.  It prints a message saying its loading the texinfmt library
> and then quits without doing anything else.

It's an XEmacs bug, I guess, but I haven't really looked into it.

* Re: Make in texinfo/ has been failing for me.
@ 1996-10-11  3:49   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-10-11  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Wesley.Hardaker@sphys.unil.ch writes:

Wes> doing a 'make EMACS=xemacs' in the 'texi' directory has been
Wes> failing for me.  It prints a message saying its loading the
Wes> texinfmt library and then quits without doing anything else.

Lars> It's an XEmacs bug, I guess, but I haven't really looked into it.

Yup.  XEmacs command line processing needs some work.  Try brute
forcing it with the attached files, and calling them:

xemacs -batch -l xemacs-hack-gnusman.el
xemacs -batch -l xemacs-hack-messageman.el

[It's not pretty but it seems to work]

            ;; Using the mark to pass bounds this way
            ;; is kludgy, but it's not worth fixing. -- rms.

[-- Attachment #2: xemacs-hack-gnusman.el --]

(load "texinfmt")
(find-file "gnus.texi")
(texinfo-every-node-update)
(texinfo-format-buffer)
(save-buffer)

[-- Attachment #3: xemacs-hack-messageman.el --]

(load "texinfmt")
(find-file "message.texi")
(texinfo-every-node-update)
(texinfo-format-buffer)
(save-buffer)

* Re: Make in texinfo/ has been failing for me.
@ 1996-10-11  6:42     ` Wesley.Hardaker
From: Wesley.Hardaker @ 1996-10-11  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> Yup.  XEmacs command line processing needs some work.  Try brute
> forcing it with the attached files, and calling them:
>
> xemacs -batch -l xemacs-hack-gnusman.el
> xemacs -batch -l xemacs-hack-messageman.el
>
> [It's not pretty but it seems to work]

Well, the '-eval (find-file' hack has been working for me, so I just
re-write the makefile everytime...

Wes