From: Wesley.Hardaker@sphys.unil.ch
Subject: discussion: marking old articles
Date: 13 Dec 1996 08:43:11 +0100	[thread overview]

I mentioned to lars that I didn't know if this was appropriate or not:

You enter a newsgroup and have it show all articles.  Old ones
(previously dealt with) are marked with a 'O'.  As you browse through
them and read them, they get marked as 'R' again, which is nice as it
changes the fontification of the line and you can see the ones you
have read already.  However, it also marks them as 'R'ead which means
they will be scored again, unlike the 'O' articles...  (remember the
article was scored the first time it was read or caught up...)

Lars wanted me to post the thought here and see what other people
thought about it.  After having noticed this problem, I'm still
tempted just to leave it unless someone else feels strongly, as it is
nice to have them visibly marked as read when browsing old messages...

Wes