* 5.2.25 problems with courtesy copy
@ 1996-06-23  9:29 Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 1996-06-23  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just upgraded to 5.2.25, and I have this to say:  Hey!  What happened to
S B?!?  Bring it back!  I use that command *constantly*!  C-c C-t is not
sufficient replacement.

The bug with message-courtesy-message is still there; if you set it to nil
as instructed in the documentation, you can no longer send the mail
message; you have to set it to "".

Overall, that was one of the most painful upgrades I have ever had to go
through, and I don't ever want to do that again.  I like the new features,
but I'm extremely annoyed that S B disappeared, t doesn't seem to work
right all the time (sometimes it refuses to unhide the headers), and
getting Gnus to use something other than ~/Mail and ~/News is like pulling
teeth.

Oh, and when I upgraded, it ate my mail active file.  That was friendly.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@cs.stanford.edu)      <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: 5.2.25 problems with courtesy copy
@ 1996-06-23 10:54 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 1996-06-23 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Russ Allbery <rra@CS.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> Overall, that was one of the most painful upgrades I have ever had to go
> through, and I don't ever want to do that again.  I like the new
> features, [...]

Actually, after a negative message and calming down, I should repeat
that.  I *like* the new features.  I wish the upgrade were smoother, but
there is a *lot* to like about the new version and upgrading was
definitely worth it.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@cs.stanford.edu)      <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>