* Re: nnml question:  40 megs of incoming files.
       [not found] <sdzq6k4nvh.fsf@teal.ece.ucdavis.edu>
@ 1996-06-03 21:21 ` Greg Thompson
From: Greg Thompson @ 1996-06-03 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

>"WH" == Wes Hardaker <hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu> writes:

  WH> Question:  What are all the Incoming files in my nnml directory
  WH> (in .gnus: (setq nnml-directory "~/News/nnml/"))

  WH> I noticed today that they had managed to suck 40megs worth of
  WH> space (which impressed me...  But I use a 1 gig disk for my home
  WH> directory so I rarely notice these things.  Its probably been
  WH> building for a long time).

  WH> Are these necessary?  Can they be removed (too late...  hehe...)
  WH> and if so, why are they there in the first place?

as per the docs,

(setq nnmail-delete-incoming t)

in your ~/.gnus file if you're not worried about gnus messing up and
losing things.
--
		-greg			  ego is beast and ego is evil
						   but ego knows best,

* Re: nnml question:  40 megs of incoming files.
@ 1996-06-04  3:54   ` Ken Olstad
From: Ken Olstad @ 1996-06-04  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>> "WH" == Wes Hardaker <hardaker@ece.ucdavis.edu> writes:

WH> Question: What are all the Incoming files in my nnml directory (in
WH> .gnus: (setq nnml-directory "~/News/nnml/"))

Greg> (setq nnmail-delete-incoming t)

If you're not that brave, run a script via cron every day that deletes
all the Incoming* files that haven't been accessed for a while.
--
Ken Olstad <ken@mn.cheyenne.com>                      Burnsville, MN, USA