* unwanted archive groups ?!
@ 1999-01-28 16:27 Didier Verna
From: Didier Verna @ 1999-01-28 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

	As of pgnus0.74, I've got something strange happening from time to
time: I receive a mail which visibly doesn't go to any of my folders. I quit
and restart gnus, and then I get a new
nnml+archive+<the folder it should have gone to> group, containing the
message. Pressing B r respools the message in the good folder this time.

	I use nnmail-split-method to sort the messages, and the only
archive-related stuff I have is this:

(setq gnus-message-archive-group
      '((if (message-news-p) "sent-news" "sent-mails")))

--
    /     /   _   _       Didier Verna        http://www.inf.enst.fr/~verna/
 - / / - / / /_/ /      E.N.S.T. INF C201.1      mailto:verna@inf.enst.fr

* Re: unwanted archive groups ?!
@ 1999-01-28 19:56 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-01-28 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Didier Verna <verna@inf.enst.fr> writes:

> 	As of pgnus0.74, I've got something strange happening from time to
> time: I receive a mail which visibly doesn't go to any of my folders. I quit
> and restart gnus, and then I get a new
> nnml+archive+<the folder it should have gone to> group, containing the
> message. Pressing B r respools the message in the good folder this time.

This sounds like the archive nnml server is snarfing the mail instead
of the other nnml server.  For some reason or other.

* Re: unwanted archive groups ?!
@ 1999-01-29  1:55   ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 1999-01-29  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Didier Verna <verna@inf.enst.fr> writes:

>> As of pgnus0.74, I've got something strange happening from time to
>> time: I receive a mail which visibly doesn't go to any of my folders. I
>> quit and restart gnus, and then I get a new nnml+archive+<the folder it
>> should have gone to> group, containing the message. Pressing B r
>> respools the message in the good folder this time.

> This sounds like the archive nnml server is snarfing the mail instead
> of the other nnml server.  For some reason or other.

This has happened perodically both to me and to other people using Gnus
here for quite a while, but with the nnml+sent server.  It's either a
really long-standing bug, or one that's been fixed and has come back in a
different form.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: unwanted archive groups ?!
@ 1999-01-29  2:16     ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1999-01-29  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> > This sounds like the archive nnml server is snarfing the mail instead
> > of the other nnml server.  For some reason or other.
>
> This has happened perodically both to me and to other people using
> Gnus here for quite a while, but with the nnml+sent server.  It's
> either a really long-standing bug, or one that's been fixed and has
> come back in a different form.

I've heard reports of this happening, too.

* Re: unwanted archive groups ?!
@ 1999-02-04  0:51       ` Neil Crellin
From: Neil Crellin @ 1999-02-04  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>
> > > This sounds like the archive nnml server is snarfing the mail instead
> > > of the other nnml server.  For some reason or other.
> >
> > This has happened perodically both to me and to other people using
> > Gnus here for quite a while, but with the nnml+sent server.  It's
> > either a really long-standing bug, or one that's been fixed and has
> > come back in a different form.
>
> I've heard reports of this happening, too.

This has been happening to me fairly frequently lately. One of the
next times I see it I'll try and debug it hopefully.