* nnml leaves Incoming droppings
@ 1996-03-29 12:25 Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]
From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] @ 1996-03-29 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject says almost all:  nnml creates copies of the spool files in my
mail directory, but apparently never removes them.  Sorry I can't
spare the time to track this down right now.

This is September 0.60, XEmacs 19.14b14.

Cheers =8-} Mike

* Re: nnml leaves Incoming droppings
@ 1996-03-29 13:38 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-03-29 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Mike> Subject says almost all: nnml creates copies of the spool
  Mike> files in my mail directory, but apparently never removes them.
  Mike> Sorry I can't spare the time to track this down right now.

RTFM:

,-----
| nnmail-delete-incoming's value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| *If non-nil, the mail backends will delete incoming files after splitting.
`-----

kai
--
There ain't no cure for the summertime blues.

* Re: nnml leaves Incoming droppings
@ 1996-03-29 14:29   ` Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]
From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] @ 1996-03-29 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjoh@informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

>   Mike> Subject says almost all: nnml creates copies of the spool
>   Mike> files in my mail directory, but apparently never removes them.
>   Mike> Sorry I can't spare the time to track this down right now.
>

> RTFM:
>
> ,-----
> | nnmail-delete-incoming's value is nil
> |
> | Documentation:
> | *If non-nil, the mail backends will delete incoming files after splitting.
> `-----

Mea culpa.  Sorry.

I didn't expect to be able to configure ding to do this.

This should, however, be t by default---at least in a stable release
which I'm supposed to trust to not throw my mail away on the way from
the spool file to nnml.

--

@ 1996-03-29 15:35     ` Robert Pluim
From: Robert Pluim @ 1996-03-29 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Michael> Mea culpa.  Sorry.

    Michael> I didn't expect to be able to configure ding to do this.

    Michael> This should, however, be t by default---at least in a
    Michael> stable release which I'm supposed to trust to not throw
    Michael> my mail away on the way from the spool file to nnml.

This from someone running a Beta version of Xemacs 19.14? September
Gnus is clearly marked as being beta code, not to be used on vital
mail etc, etc. I think you have no grounds for complaint on that
score.

Robert