* Expire by moving
@ 2000-04-01 17:38 Arcady Genkin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Arcady Genkin @ 2000-04-01 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I feel very reluctant to expire messages in my private mail
group. However, they accumulate very fast, and since I'm using IMAP as
a backend for that group, the group eventually gets a bit slow.

So I thought that it would be nice if gnus had a feature to expire
messages not by /deleting/ them, but by /moving/ them to some
arbitrary group. This way it would be possible to have the name of
such group assigned sensibly (like for expample I am dynamically
assigning group names to `gnus-message-archive-group').

Is configuring such behavior possible currently?

Thanks!
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.