* Pterodactyl Gnus and MIME attachments
@ 1998-11-16 15:33 Jochen_Hayek
From: Jochen_Hayek @ 1998-11-16 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

*Before* Pterodactyl Gnus started displaying MIME attachments that nice,
I could actually delete attachments (and quotations and ...)
from a message w/o any problem.

Nowadays (I'm currently using 0.40) the mail body gets deleted,
if I try do change it in edit mode and save it.

You probably understand, that sometimes it's so necessary
to delete huge attachments and the like, don't you?
.

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus and MIME attachments
@ 1998-11-17  6:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-17  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen_Hayek@ACM.org writes:

> Nowadays (I'm currently using 0.40) the mail body gets deleted,
> if I try do change it in edit mode and save it.

Fixing article editing is something that will be done after MIME
composition has been figured out.

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus and MIME attachments
@ 1998-11-17 22:05   ` Jochen_Hayek
From: Jochen_Hayek @ 1998-11-17 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

    LMI> Jochen_Hayek@ACM.org writes:

    >> Nowadays (I'm currently using 0.40) the mail body gets deleted,
    >> if I try do change it in edit mode and save it.

    LMI> Fixing article editing is something that will be done after MIME
    LMI> composition has been figured out.

Sure, you have to assign priorities to tasks.
I understand that.

But some people keep sending me huge, I mean really huge attachments,
that I must get rid of, in order not to fill up my disk with garbage.

For now (and verly long) for the edit-mode
I would be glad to get the plain message with all its attachments as they are.
If I screw it up, it's my responsibility,
but I dealt with it properly before and it worked.
.

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus and MIME attachments
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-11-18  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jochen_Hayek@ACM.org writes:

> For now (and verly long) for the edit-mode I would be glad to get
> the plain message with all its attachments as they are.  If I screw
> it up, it's my responsibility, but I dealt with it properly before
> and it worked.

If you `C-u g' before editing, you should be able to edit the raw
article.

* Re: Pterodactyl Gnus and MIME attachments
@ 1998-11-18 14:16       ` Jochen_Hayek
From: Jochen_Hayek @ 1998-11-18 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Jochen_Hayek@ACM.org writes:

    >> For now (and verly long) for the edit-mode I would be glad to get
    >> the plain message with all its attachments as they are.  If I screw
    >> it up, it's my responsibility, but I dealt with it properly before
    >> and it worked.

    LMI> If you `C-u g' before editing,
    LMI> you should be able to edit the raw article.

That's great -- wonderful! -- thanks a lot!
.