From: Paul Franklin <paul@cs.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: spooling mail to some nnml groups and some nnfolder groups
Date: 19 Jun 1997 17:58:37 -0700	[thread overview]

 > I'm trying to make the transition from nnfolder to nnml for some of my
 > mailgroups, but gnus (5.4.46) is making new nnfolder groups to spool mail
 > to instead of spooling it to the new nnml groups I've made.

This is the one way I know of that Gnus doesn't handle multiple
servers well; all of your mail servers will try to get mail, it just
depends on which one grabs it first.

If you're really done with all of the old nnfolder groups, then take
nnfolder out of gnus-secondary-methods.  An entry there is sufficient
for it to get new mail; I think it's done at server open or when its
active file is read (to discover new mail groups).

Otherwise, you can set nnfolder-get-new-mail to nil.

I think mail splitting will eventually specify which server the
message should be placed in, which will fix this.

--Paul