* Gnus '95 and v0.96
@ 1996-05-26  3:30 Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-05-26  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

You cannot rename an nnml group to a name with a period in it, even
with gnus-use-long-file-name set.

A feature test rather than a version number test is probably more
appropriate for deciding on overloading functions (i.e. I think you
should use the standard insert-file-contents-literally in XEmacs
19.14).

Starting with Gnus '95 disconnection to the nntp server at exit causes
a beep.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Gnus '95 and v0.96
@ 1996-05-27  2:14 ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1996-05-27  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> On 25 May 1996 20:30:03 -0700,
>> Steven L Baur(SLB) wrote:
SLB> Starting with Gnus '95 disconnection to the nntp server at exit
SLB> causes a beep.

Actually, I think it started beeping somewhere between 0.89 and 0.93.
I can verify sgnus-0.89 didn't, sgnus-0.93 does. Not a biggie, but you
asked for teensy annoying bugs ;-).

--
  -mb-

* Re: Gnus '95 and v0.96
@ 1996-06-04  1:01 ` Paul Franklin
From: Paul Franklin @ 1996-06-04  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

 > Starting with Gnus '95 disconnection to the nntp server at exit
 > causes a beep.

I've noticed this on occasion, but haven't pinned it down enough to
report it.  My guess is that some nntp network stream connection is
left open when I quit from gnus; the server then times out and drops
the connection.  Emacs notices that the connection was closed, and
calls some gnus-* function to notify Gnus of this, but the Gnus
variables are long gone, so an error occurrs.  Hence the beep.

I may also have seen this after M-x gnus-unload.

--Paul