* (unknown)
@ 2001-11-11 17:39 owner-ding
From: owner-ding @ 2001-11-11 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: (unknown)
@ 2021-09-18  6:15 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2021-09-18  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Newell; +Cc: ding

On Sep 17 2021, Bob Newell wrote:

> save them one by one with "K o". When I want to save all at
> once with "X m" (gnus-summary-save-parts) I get the prompt to
> save type */*,

That should be a regexp, not a glob pattern.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, schwab@linux-m68k.org
GPG Key fingerprint = 7578 EB47 D4E5 4D69 2510  2552 DF73 E780 A9DA AEC1

* (unknown)
@ 2006-07-29 14:11 Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-07-29 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hello,

The 4th release of EasyPG is now available from http://www.easypg.org.

EasyPG is yet another GnuPG interface for Emacs.

* Note for CVS Gnus users

I recommend (setq mml2015-use 'epg) instead of using pgg-epg.el.

* Major changes in 0.0.4

** Check GnuPG's version on ./configure.

** epg-start-encrypt now assumes that signers are epg-key object.

** epg--status-ERRSIG now leaves the last verify-result.

** pgg-epg.el: Fixed a bug in pgg-epg-encrypt-region.

** pgg-epg.el: Reflect pgg-default-user-id when signing.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

[-- Attachment #2: OpenPGP Digital Signature --]

* (unknown)
@ 2003-04-02  5:43 Ben Brown
From: Ben Brown @ 2003-04-02  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 2540 bytes --]

FROM: BEN BROWN
44 OXFORD STREET ILLOVO,
SANDTON,JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
E-MAIL:benbrown@ecplaza.net

I  am  Mr Ben Brown,  a farm  owner  in  Zimbabwe.   I
have fifty farming  site  in  Zimbabwe, twenty
tractors  with  one  hundred  and  twenty  workers.
Then  the  Zimbabwe   ruling   government  of
President Robert  Mugabe   ordered   for   the
siezure  of  all  the  farming   lands  of  the  white
own  farmers,  he  also  siezed  all  my  lands
because  I  am  an  opposition  party  to  his
government,  his  government  is  violating   the
human  right  in  the  southern  region  of Africa.
So  some  of  the  farm owners  where  killed  and
their  properties  looted  by  the  war  veterans,  so
I  being  a  black  Zimbabwean  I managed  to  move
my  tractors  and  sold  them  to  the  south  African
farmers.  I sold   all  my  properties  and  raised
the  sum  of  US $22,300,000.00.

      Then  I  deposited  this   money  in  the
Security  Company  at  Johannesburg  South  Africa  in
the  safe  box.  I m  residing  temporary  now  in
Johannesburg  as  a  political  assylum  seeker
because  of  the  fear  of  Mugabe  who  are  seeking
to  kill  me.
Because  of  the  south  African  refugee  law, I
cannot  deposit  this  money  in  the  bank  or
invest  the  money  here  in  south  Africa,  that’s
why  I m  seeking  an  oversea   assistance  who  will
help  me  transfer   this   money  to  his or  her
account  to  his  country,  both  company  or
individual.  I  get   your  address  through  a
diplomatic  search  for  a  reliable  person.   I
will  be  very  greatful  if  you  will  help  me  to
transfer  this  money  on  your  account  or  find  a
trust worthy  person  to   transfer  this  money.  I
have  planned   a  smooth free  transaction  here  on
my  side  because  I get  this  money   through  my
effort  and  my  hard  work,  so  I have  noting   to
fear.  The  break  down  of  this
transaction  were  as  follows
(1)  70% of  this  money  will  be for  me for  an
investment  in  your  country.
(2)  25% of  this  money  will  be  for  you  for
your  assisting  me  to  transfer  it  on  your
account  to  your   country.
(3)  5%  of  this  money  will  be  for  any  expensis
made  by  you  or  anyother  person  during  the
transfering
period. In  regard   of   this  request,  if  you  are
willing   to  help  me,  Kindly  reply  me
immediately and include your private tel/fax numbers.
Thanks  and  God  bless

Ben  Brown.

* (unknown)
@ 2003-01-21  2:44 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 2003-01-21  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

[1. text/plain]
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: outhouse utf-7 display
From: Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:46:38 +1000

I got the message below, apparently utf-7, which gnus unfortunately
displayed with literal "+AF8-" sequences, that I think were meant to
be underscores.

My ignorance of these charset questions is pretty profound, so I don't
know if the message is correctly formatted or not.

[2. application/octet-stream; msg]...

* (unknown)
@ 2002-10-20 20:14 Unknown
From: Unknown @ 2002-10-20 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

X400-Received:
 by mta bnr.ca in /PRMD=BNR/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/C=CA/; Relayed; Thu, 23 Nov 1995 12:07:22 -0500
X400-Received:
 by /PRMD=BNR/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/C=CA/; Relayed; Thu, 23 Nov 1995 12:06:22 -0500
X400-Received:
 by /PRMD=BNR/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/C=CA/; Relayed; Thu, 23 Nov 1995 12:00:00 -0500
Date:  Thu, 23 Nov 1995 12:00:00 -0500
X400-Originator:  /dd.id=1581776/g=jeff/i=jd/s=sparkes/@bnr.ca
X400-MTS-Identifier:
 [/PRMD=BNR/ADMD=TELECOM.CANADA/C=CA/;bcars520.b.678:23.10.95.17.06.22]
X400-Content-Type:  P2-1984 (2)
From: "jeff (j.d.) sparkes" <jsparkes@bnr.ca>
Sender: "jeff (j.d.) sparkes" <jsparkes@bnr.ca>
To: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject:  sgnus adaptive scoring is using 's for addresses

--
Jeff Sparkes
jsparkes@bnr.ca    Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

* (unknown)
@ 2002-05-10 20:40 joseph edward
From: joseph edward @ 2002-05-10 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

 ATTN:

I PRESUME THIS MAIL WILL NOT BE A SURPRISE TO YOU.
I AM AN ACCOUNTANT WITH THE MINISTRY OF MINERAL
RESOURCES AND ENERGY IN SOUTH AFRICA AND ALSO A MEMBER
OF CONTRACTS AWARDING COMMITTEE OF THIS MINISTRY UNDER
SOUTH AFRICA GOVERNMENT.

MANY YEARS AGO, SOUTH AFRICA GOVERNMENT ASKED THIS
COMMITTEE TO AWARDS CONTRACTS TO FOREIGN FIRMS, WHICH
I AND 2 OF MY PARTNERS ARE THE LEADER OF THIS
COMMITTEE, WITH OUR GOOD POSITION , THIS CONTRACRS
WAS OVER INVOICED TO THE TUNE OF US$25,600,000:00 AS A

DEAL TO BE BENEFIT BY THE THREE TOP MEMBER OF THIS
COMMITTEE.
NOW THE CONTRACTS VALUE HAS BEEN PAID OFF TO THE
ACTUAL CONTRACTORS THAT EXECUTED THIS JOBS, ALL WE
WANT NOW IS A TRUSTED FOREIGN PARTNER LIKE YOU THAT WE

SHALL FRONT WITH HIS BANKING ACCOUNT NUMBER TO CLAIM
THE OVER INFLATED SUM.
UPON OUR AGREEMEENT TO CARRY ON THIS TRANSACTION WITH
YOU, THE SAID FUND WILL BE SHARE AS FOLLOWS.
75% WILL BE FOR US IN SOUTH AFRICA.
20% FOR USING YOUR ACCOUNT AND OTHER CONTRIBUTION
THAT MIGHT REQIURED FROM YOU.
5% IS SET ASIDE FOR THE UP FRONT EXPENCES THAT
WILL BE ENCOUNTER BY BOTH PARTY TO GET ALL NECESSARY
DOCUMENTS AND FORMARLITIES THAT WILL JUSTIFY YOU AS
THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF THIS FUND.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS TRANSACTION, KINDLY
REPLY THIS MASSEGE WITH ALL YOUR PHONE AND FAX
NUMBERS, TO ENABLE US FURNISH YOU WITH DETAILS AND
PROCEDURES OF THIS TRANSACTION.
KINDLY GET BACK TO ME THROUGH MY EMAIL OR +27732360829
WAITING FOR YOUR URGENT RESPONSES
GOD BLESS YOU.
YOURS FAITHFULLY.

JOSEPH EDWARD.

* (unknown)
@ 2002-05-09  4:49 laurent mpeti kabila
From: laurent mpeti kabila @ 2002-05-09  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
--------------------------------------
Your contact was availed to me by the chamber of commerce. It was given
to me because of my diplomatic status as I did not disclose the actual
reasons for which I sought your contact. But I was assured
That you are reputable and trustworthy if you will be
of assistance. I am kunde Mpeti Kabila (Jnr) the second son of
Late President KUNDE DESIRE KABILA the immediate
Past president of the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO in Africa who was
murdered by his opposition through his personal bodyguards in his bedroom
on Tuesday 16th January, 2001. I have the privilege of being mandated
by my father colleagues to seek your immediate and urgent co-operation
to receive into your bank account the sum of US $165m. (One hundred and
sixty-five million Dollars) and some thousands carats of Diamond. This
money and treasures was lodged in a vault with a security firm in
Europe and South-Africa.

SOURCES OF DIAMONDS AND FUND
In August 2000, my father as a defence minister and president has a
meeting with his cabinet and armychief about the defence budget for 2000
to 2001 which was US $700m. so he directed one of his best
friend. Frederic Kibasa Maliba who was a minister of
mines and a political party leader known as the Union Sacree de, I\x11
opposition radicale et ses allies (USORAL) to buy arms with US $200m on
5th January 2001; for him to finalized the arm\x12s deal, my father was
murdered. f.K. Maliba (FKM) and I have decided to keep the money with a
foreigner after which he will use it to contest for the political
election. Inspite of all this we have resolved to present your or your company
for the firm to pay it into your nominated account the above sum and
diamonds. This transaction should be finalized within seven (7) working
days and for your co-operation and partnership, we have unanimously
agreed that you will be entitled to 5.5% of the money when successfully
receive it in your account. The nature of your business is not relevant to
the successful execution of this transaction what we require is your
total co-operation and commitment to ensure 100% risk-free transaction at
both ends and to protect the persons involved in this transactio!
n, strict confidence and utmost secrecy is required even after the
successful conclusion of this transaction. If this proposal is acceptable
to you, kindly provide me with your personal telephone and fax through
my E-mail box for immediate commencement of the
 transaction. I count on your honour to keep my secret, SECRET.

Looking forward for your urgent reply
Thanks.
Best Regards

 KUNDE  MPETI L. KABILA (Jnr)

* (unknown)
@ 2002-05-07  6:06 laurent mpeti kabila
From: laurent mpeti kabila @ 2002-05-07  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS ASSISTANCE
--------------------------------------
I stumbled into your contact by stroke of luck after a
long search for an honest and trust worthy person who
could handle issue with high confidentiality.
I was so dilghted when i got your contact and i decided
to contact you  and solicite for your kind assistance.
i hope you will let this issue to remain confidential even
if you are not interested because of my status.

I am Laurent Mpeti Kabila (Jnr) the second son of
Late President LAURENT DESIRE KABILA the immediate
Past president of the DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO in
Africa who was murdered by his opposition through his personal
bodyguards in his bedroom on Tuesday 16th January, 2001.
I have the privilege of being mandated by my father,s
colleagues to seek your immediate and urgent co-operation
to receive into your bank account the sum of US $25m.
(twenty-five million Dollars) and some thousands carats
of Diamond. This money and treasures was lodged in a vault with a
security firm in Europe and South-Africa.

SOURCES OF DIAMONDS AND FUND
In August 2000, my father as a defence minister and
president has a meeting with his cabinet and armychief about the
defence budget for 2000 to 2001 which was US $700m.
so he directed one of his best friend. Frederic Kibasa Maliba
who was a minister of mines and a political party leader known
as the Union Sacree de,opposition radicale et ses allies (USORAL)
to buy arms with US $200m on 5th January 2001; for him to finalize
the arms deal,my father was murdered. f.K. Maliba (FKM) and I have
decided to keep the money with a foreigner after which he will use
it to contest for the political election. Inspite of all this we
have resolved to present you or your company for the firm to pay
it into your nominated account the above sum and diamonds.
This transaction should be finalized within seven (7) working
days and for your co-operation and partnership, we have unanimously
agreed that you will be entitled to 5.5% of the money when successfully
receive it in your account. The nature of your business is not relevant to
the successful execution of this transaction what we require is your
total co-operation and commitment to ensure 100%risk-free transaction at
both ends and to protect the persons involved in this transaction  strict
confidence and utmost secrecy is required even after the uccessful conclusion
of this transaction. If this proposal is acceptable to you, kindly provide me
with your personal telephone and fax through my E-mail box for immediate
commencement of the transaction. I count on your honour to keep my
secret, SECRET.

Looking forward for your urgent reply

Thanks.
Best Regards

MPETI L. KABILA (Jnr)

* (unknown)
@ 2002-05-03 15:51 laurent mpeti kabila
From: laurent mpeti kabila @ 2002-05-03 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-01-21  5:19 Ä£±¸¿¡°Ô
From: Ä£±¸¿¡°Ô @ 2002-01-21  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

* (unknown)
@ 2001-12-09  3:15 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-12-09  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject: Re: The old high low face gambit
From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 19:15:55 -0800

Bill White <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> On the Memorial of Saint Ambrose, 2001, at 14:23, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> said:
>
>> How can I get finer granularity than just `high' face and `low' face
>> on the basis of scoring?
>>
>> I mean something like a face for scores of 1, different for 5,
>> different yet above 10 etc.  (I have the default score set to 1)
>
> I tried this for a while but couldn't get a meaningful *and* pleasing
> *and* easy-to-read combination of colors.  After a while it just
> bugged me and I wound up ditching scoring altogether.  At any rate,
> here's the code I used:

Thanks bill, looks like what I was after.

[...]
Probably just my lack of lisp knowledgw but what about faces 50 thru
75?

Where do they come in?

And what, in general does the rest of it do?

> (setq gnus-summary-highlight
>   '(
>     ((and (<= score 100) (> score 0)) . my-gnus-face-80)
>     ((and (<= score 200) (> score 100)) . my-gnus-face-85)
>     ((and (<= score 300) (> score 200)) . my-gnus-face-90)
>     ((and (<= score 400) (> score 300)) . my-gnus-face-95)
>     ((> score 400) . my-gnus-face-100)
>     ((= mark gnus-canceled-mark)

I guess a blow by blow thing  is out of the question but it looks like
some kind of trick stuff is happening with lots of existing variables
like ancient face, default face etc.   Can I just ignore all that? I'm
thinking along the line of maybe 3-4 special scoring faces.

I'm thinking like adding a line with procmail, since I use procmail
anyway, to certain messages like:

I'm thinking procmail because the reason for adding a scoring line may
change frequently and procmail lends itself to being chaned quickly
from the command line.  I can imaging scripting that would quickly
insert a rule to add X-Score: 10 to replies to a certain message for
example.

Then having scoring set up to find the 10 or whatever and set a face.
Similar for other higher/lower faces.

It would be one way to have followup scoring without invoking the
dreaded `adaptive' score files.

* (unknown)
@ 2001-11-05 15:25 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-11-05 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject: Re: Is this a buglet.. nndrafts:draft renegades
From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 07:24:38 -0800

Per Abrahamsen <abraham@dina.kvl.dk> writes:

>> In the sense that a composition is a file, C-x k does kill the file
>> and data is lost in every other usage.
>
> Does `C-x k' really any already generated autosave file?  If so, I
> agree it should do the same for composition buffers.  If not, I
> believe it shouldn't do it for composition buffers either.

M-x cd
test_dir <RET>

C-x C-f tnew

Type:
Testing the action of C-x k on new composition buffer of tnew
before an auto-save has occured
<C-x k yes>

C-x d <RET> (gone without a trace)

Type:
Testing the action of C-x k on new composition buffer of tnew
after an auto-save has occured
<waiting>
excerpt from *Nessages*
        Auto-saving...done

<C-x k yes>

C-x d <RET> g
(cong without a trace)

That is the behavior I see.  And I agree that a new message
composition should behave the same.

* (unknown)
@ 2001-11-04 18:05 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-11-04 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject: Re: bbdb arcana
	<20011102160930.CC3D1BD52@squeaker.lickey.com>
	<87wv192jzh.fsf_-_@mclinux.com> <861yjgbygz.fsf@duchess.twilley.org>
	<20011102235444.E9C73BD48@squeaker.lickey.com>
	<m34rocwi27.fsf_-_@wolfram.com> <m18zdn2n7y.fsf@reader.newsguy.com>
	<m3wv17huxs.fsf@wolfram.com> <m1vggq1wc2.fsf@reader.newsguy.com>
	<m33d3uzay5.fsf_-_@wolfram.com>
From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 10:04:10 -0800

"Bill White" <billw@wolfram.com> writes:

> On Sun Nov 04 2001 at 07:47, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> said:
>
>> Incidently, at the info page you cited, an incremental `i' search
>> finds not one instance of `+'
>
> Ah - "+" is the value of bbdb/gnus-summary-known-poster-mark, and it's
> used in my gnus-summary-line-format via %ub:
>
> (setq gnus-summary-line-format
> "%U%R|%(%uy%)|%4L|%ub|%-30,30f| %B%s\n")
>
> so I get things like

[...]

That is pretty cool.  I think I'm missing out on lots of cool stuff
in bbdb.  I only use it in the most primative way.  Enter stuff by
hand,  look it up when needed with bbdb search tools.

My mail usage patterns haven't led me to need more I guess.

* (unknown)
@ 2001-11-02  8:06 BALABAN ADRIAN
From: BALABAN ADRIAN @ 2001-11-02  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

* (unknown)
@ 2001-04-03 17:25 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-04-03 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Subject: Re: Bug or local setup C-w but not C-y in group buffer
From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>

> On 03 Apr 2001, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
> > C-w works fine, but C-y doesn't and throws an error something like:
> > Wrong type argument ..blah blah stringp blah....

No bug report... Attempting to recreate this problem I haven't been
able to dublicate it.

* (unknown)
@ 2000-12-13 15:18 colman
From: colman @ 2000-12-13 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: pgp problem?
From: Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2000 10:09:01 -0500
Sender: owner-ding@hpc.uh.edu

Since upgrading to a recent CVS version of gnus, I now get the following
error when reading certain messages:

        (file-error Searching for program No such file or directory pgp),
        continue?(y or n) Yes

What's going on and what do I do about it?

TIA!

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 928-4640
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

microsoft: "where do you want to go today?"
linux:     "where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD:       "are you guys coming, or what?"

* (unknown)
@ 2000-10-09  9:20 Umesh Biradar
From: Umesh Biradar @ 2000-10-09  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi
   Is there any inbuilt class for decoding MIME message into human readable
form
 using JAVA

	Regards
	Umesh S Biradar
	Technical Architecture Department
	Logica Offshore Services, India
	Tel : +91 80 553 8281 Ext 2550
	Fax: +91 80 553 5723
	http://www.logica.com

* (unknown)
@ 2000-08-15 15:32 Abuse
From: Abuse @ 2000-08-15 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: lists

* (unknown)
@ 1999-04-19 16:15 karthy
From: karthy @ 1999-04-19 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sender: garym@maya.dyndns.org
Newsgroups: emacs.ding
Subject: Re: Attempt to modify read-only text bug in pgnus 0.80
From: Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 16:15:07 GMT

pgnus 0.83 with w3 4.0 solves my read-only problem 100%
Count me among the happy campers

--
 |       _)     Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com>
 __|  __| |   \ TeleDynamics Communications Inc
 |   (    | \_/ http://www.teledyn.com/  ICQ#6023820
\__|\___|_|     Don't oppose forces.  Use them. (RBF)
.

* (unknown)
@ 1998-11-29 23:54 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1998-11-29 23:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

test

* (unknown)
@ 1998-10-17  6:59 Mark Hovey
From: Mark Hovey @ 1998-10-17  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sender: hovey@picard.math.wesleyan.edu
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Bug
From: Mark Hovey <mhovey@wesleyan.edu>
Date: 17 Oct 1998 02:59:20 -400

I tried changing rfc2047-default-charset to 'us-ascii but all this
produced was the error

Invalid coding system: us-ascii

This makes me wonder if there are any valid coding systems!  Could this
error be because I do not have leim installed?  Or some other thing
peculiar to my syetem? Are other people having this problem?  Help!

This is in pgnus-0.34 on GNU Emacs 20.2.1 .

                 Mark Hovey

* (unknown)
@ 1998-10-15 16:32 Mark Hovey
From: Mark Hovey @ 1998-10-15 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sender: hovey@picard.math.wesleyan.edu
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: pgnus-0.34 bug
From: Mark Hovey <mhovey@wesleyan.edu>
Date: 15 Oct 1998 12:32:46 -400

Thanks to Karl Kleinpaste for fixing the bug I mentioned before, which
is apparently well-known.  However, I now have another bug.

Invalid coding system: iso-8859-1

This happens when I try to read a mail message in one my nnbabyl
groups.  Eventually it lets me read the message, but still complains.
I use  Emacs 20.2.1.

Here is the backtrace.

Signaling: (coding-system-error iso-8859-1)
  mm-decode-coding-region(1061 1669 iso-8859-1)
  mm-decode-body("us-ascii" nil)
  article-decode-charset()
  run-hooks(gnus-article-decode-hook)
  gnus-request-article-this-buffer(19 "nnbabyl:kendra")
  gnus-article-prepare(19 nil)
  gnus-summary-display-article(19)
  gnus-summary-next-page(nil)
* call-interactively(gnus-summary-next-page)

In my .Xdefaults i have a line

Emacs*font: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--*-110-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1

which must be where iso8859-1 comes from.
          Mark Hovey

* (unknown)
@ 1998-10-15 15:29 Mark Hovey
From: Mark Hovey @ 1998-10-15 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sender: hovey@picard.math.wesleyan.edu
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: pgnus-0.34 bug
From: Mark Hovey <mhovey@wesleyan.edu>
Date: 15 Oct 1998 11:29:08 -400

I am using Emacs 20.2.1, and pgnus-0.34 does not work at all.  I use
nnbabyl, and I keep some messages permanently visible by ticking them  When I
try to enter such a group, I get the error

Args out of range: ["View all" gnus-mime-view-all-parts], 2

Then when I try to enter the same newsgroup again, I get a different
error message

Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

with backtrace buffer

Signaling: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  gnus-summary-prepare-threads((([116 "ring model category" "Brooke E Shipley <bshipley@takagi.helios.nd.edu>" "Sun, 28 Jan 1996 13:05:56 -0500" "<199601281805.NAA18960@takagi.helios.nd.edu>" nil 0 125 "nevanlinna.mit.edu shipley:116"]) ([293 "spectra over C" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 29 May 1997 12:43:37 -0500" "<199705291743.MAA22457@dent.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 88 "schauder.mit.edu shipley:293"]) ([296 "Re: p.s. " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 05 Jun 1997 11:06:35 -0500" "<199706051606.LAA13002@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<nvuu3je86sl.fsf@schauder.mit.edu>" 0 44 "schauder.mit.edu shipley:296"]) ([297 "Re: oops! " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 09 Jun 1997 16:28:26 -0500" "<199706092128.QAA04928@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<m3g1urk9ri.fsf@picard.wesleyan.edu>" 0 28 "picard.wesleyan.edu shipley:297"]) ([302 "Re: Your papers " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 19 Aug 1997 16:34:35 -0500" "<19970819213
 4!
!
!
.QAA09260@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<m3oh7jraky.fsf@picard.wesleyan.edu>" 0 113 "picard.wesleyan.edu shipley:302"]) ([307 "Re: Stabilization " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 23 Sep 1997 16:30:36 -0500" "<199709232130.QAA11330@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylhgbcoslb.fsf@cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 16 "cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:307"]) ("Re: Simplicial cellular " ([313 "Re: Simplicial cellular " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:55:11 -0500" "<199709301555.KAA11004@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl4t74xyyh.fsf@cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 31 "cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:313"]) ([314 "Re: Simplicial cellular " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 01 Oct 1997 10:14:12 -0500" "<199710011514.KAA14966@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylen66uhoj.fsf@cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 18 "cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:314"]) ([315 "Re: Simplicial cellular " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 01 Oct 1997 11:36:4
 !
!
!
1 -0500" "<199710011636.LAA15417@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl2025d672.fsf@cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 20 "cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:315"])) ([319 "Re: Effective monos " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 03 Oct 1997 08:50:02 -0500" "<199710031350.IAA03005@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylyb4bnxtk.fsf@cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 26 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:319"]) ([320 "Sym. spectra" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 03 Oct 1997 17:06:31 -0500" "<199710032206.RAA05590@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylyb4bnxtk.fsf@cchan1.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 94 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:320"]) ([333 "colimits in simplicial sets" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:05:36 -0500 (CDT)" "<199710101505.KAA06700@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 34 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:333"]) ([334 "more .tex" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 13 Oct 1997 10:05:54 -0500 (CDT)" "<199710131505.KAA17855@zarquon.uchi
 c!
!
!
ago.edu>" nil 0 40 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:334"]) ([337 "compactness" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 15 Oct 1997 19:18:48 -0500" "<199710160018.TAA00472@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 27 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:337"]) ([338 "Jeff's last .tex file" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:23:21 -0500 (CDT)" "<199710171723.MAA08022@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 36 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:338"]) ([342 "Re: our paper " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:30:17 -0600" "<199710271730.LAA12648@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylaffvv1js.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 20 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:342"]) ([347 "Re: symm.dvi (10/28) " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:05:36 -0600" "<199710281705.LAA18558@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl67qi12r7.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 86 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:347"]) ([348 "comparison" "Brooke Shiple
 y!
!
!
 <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:12:46 -0600" "<199710281712.LAA18593@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 101 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:348"]) ([349 "p.s.: \"slow\", etc." "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 28 Oct 1997 18:20:18 -0600" "<199710290020.SAA21033@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl67qi12r7.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 37 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:349"]) ([367 "Re: Back to you... " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:16:54 -0600" "<199711292116.PAA05914@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl3ekg57r9.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 33 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:367"]) ([376 "Re: Comments " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 05 Dec 1997 18:24:29 -0600" "<199712060024.SAA04965@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylvhx3hgw4.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 33 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:376"]) ([378 "paper..." "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 10 Dec 1997 17:54:13 -0600"
 "!
!
!
<199712102354.RAA14894@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 18 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:378"]) ([381 "Symmetric spectra!" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:30:10 -0600" "<199712112330.RAA19928@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 41 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:381"]) ([382 "slightly changed sym. spec." "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 06 Jan 1998 12:33:13 -0600" "<199801061833.MAA03253@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 27 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:382"]) ("Re: slightly changed sym. spec. " ([384 "Re: slightly changed sym. spec. " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:53:48 -0600" "<199801131853.MAA03872@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylhg78myz4.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 25 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:384"]) ([387 "Re: slightly changed sym. spec. " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:14:19 -0600" "<199801132114.PAA04600@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylen2cmyyk.fs
 f!
!
!
@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 41 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:387"])) ([386 "URGENT:  time to submit the paper" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 13 Jan 1998 13:04:41 -0600" "<199801131904.NAA03992@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 31 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:386"]) ([391 "Jeff's reply!" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:45:06 -0600" "<199801161545.JAA16288@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylpvlumaxi.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 62 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:391"]) ([392 "Re: URGENT: time to submit the paper " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:48:52 -0600" "<199801161548.JAA16306@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<34BF73CD.15F2610A@crm.es>" 0 11 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:392"]) ("Re: Submitted to Hopf " ([393 "Re: Submitted to Hopf " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:17:48 -0600" "<199801161917.NAA17446@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylbtxcmqmu.fsf@picard.m
 a!
!
!
th.wesleyan.edu>" 0 22 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:393"]) ([394 "Re: Submitted to Hopf " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:57:03 -0600" "<199801161957.NAA17760@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylwwg0l8y0.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 24 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:394"])) ([396 "Re: status " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:22:13 -0600" "<199801201622.KAA04449@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yllnwbbj1a.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 7 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:396"]) ("Re: [\"Michael J. Hopkins\" <mjh@math.mit.edu>] Re: Symmetric spectra " ([397 "Re: [\"Michael J. Hopkins\" <mjh@math.mit.edu>] Re: Symmetric spectra " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:28:27 -0600" "<199801211828.MAA09466@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylsoqinxwl.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 20 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:397"]) ([398 "Re: [\"Michael J. Hopkins\" <mjh@math.mit.edu>] Re: Symmetric sp
 e!
!
!
ctra " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:00:03 -0600" "<199801212200.QAA10973@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylsoqinxwl.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 15 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:398"])) ([399 "Re: Top " "Brooke Shipley <bship
ley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Sun, 25 Jan 1998 16:41:31 -0600" "<199801252241.QAA13031@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylvhv9hvfx.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 49 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:399"]) ([400 "Re: [Gaunce Lewis <gaunce@ichthus.syr.edu>] Re: Peter's message " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:01:08 -0600" "<199801260001.SAA13317@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylsoqdm727.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 33 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:400"]) ("Re: Monoid axiom " ([401 "Re: Monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:23:22 -0600" "<199801261623.KAA15760@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl1zxvlo3s.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 13 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:401"]) ([402 "Re: Monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 26 Jan 1998 10:03:16 -0600" "<199801261603.KAA15719@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl1zxvlo3s.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 28 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:402"]
 )!
!
!
 ([403 "Re: Monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:34:09 -0600" "<199801261934.NAA16152@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylyb03xres.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 23 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:403"]) ([405 "Re: Monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 26 Jan 1998 14:39:14 -0600" "<199801262039.OAA16348@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylyb03xres.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 43 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:405"]) ([412 "Re: Monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:16:20 -0600" "<199801271516.JAA19615@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylhg6qidzi.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 23 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:412"]) ([447 "Re: Monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 24 Feb 1998 18:27:57 -0600" "<199802250027.SAA10756@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl1zxvlo3s.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 74 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:447"]) ([451 "Re: Monoid
  !
!
!
axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:49:16 -0600" "<199802252149.PAA14332@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl1zwstadf.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 51 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:451"])) ("Re: PROBLEM with Top. spaces " ([413 "Re: PROBLEM with Top. spaces " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:44:02 -0600" "<199801281844.MAA24323@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<34CF6C12.253D22E1@crm.es>" 0 27 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:413"]) ([419 "Re: PROBLEM with Top. spaces " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:30:53 -0600" "<199801300030.SAA00221@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<34CF6C12.253D22E1@crm.es>" 0 16 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:419"]) ([422 "Re: PROBLEM with Top. spaces " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:05:21 -0600" "<199801301905.NAA03062@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<34D1CFC5.55F14222@crm.es>" 0 19 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:422"]) ([424 "Re:
 P!
!
!
ROBLEM with Top. spaces " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:50:00 -0600" "<199801301950.NAA03170@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylafceascg.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 24 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:424"])) ("Re: wrinkle " ([417 "Re: wrinkle " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:20:39 -0600" "<199801291720.LAA28511@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yliur3zq7n.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 40 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:417"]) ([418 "Re: wrinkle " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 29 Jan 1998 11:58:57 -0600" "<199801291758.LAA28650@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yliur3zq7n.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 66 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:418"]) ([420 "Re: wrinkle " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:14:09 -0600" "<199801301614.KAA02337@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylwwfi1l7x.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 27 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:420"])) ([421 "jeff's e
 m!
!
!
ail" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:00:59 -0600" "<199801301901.NAA03038@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 78 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:421"]) ([426 "Re: monoids and modules " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 30 Jan 1998 16:49:58 -0600" "<199801302249.QAA03742@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl4t2lc0sl.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 14 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:426"]) ([435 "Re: your paper " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 03 Feb 1998 11:38:23 -0600" "<199802031738.LAA15974@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylen1l6lrf.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 22 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:435"]) ([445 "Re:  Mon-mod again" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 20 Feb 1998 14:01:28 -0600 (CST)" "<199802202001.OAA01458@dharma.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 13 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:445"]) ([448 "MO" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:11:18 -0600" "<199802251911.NA
 A!
!
!
13608@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 62 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:448"]) ([449 ".tex file" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 25 Feb 1998 13:49:29 -0600 (CST)" "<199802251949.NAA13834@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 25 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:449"]) ([456 "submit it!" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 27 Feb 1998 10:19:14 -0600 (CST)" "<199802271619.KAA25970@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 12 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:456"]) ([460 "Re: paper " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 03 Mar 1998 10:34:15 -0600" "<199803031634.KAA10242@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylu39g2p0j.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 13 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:460"]) ([461 "submission" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:37:23 -0600 (CST)" "<199803031637.KAA10250@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 10 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:461"]) ([466 "Re: slight changes in HSS " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchic
 a!
!
!
go.edu>" "Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:57:00 -0600" "<199803061557.JAA21408@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylra4gxpwe.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 28 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:466"]) ([467 "Re: Equivariant symmetric spectra " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Sun, 15 Mar 1998 17:22:43 -0600" "<199803152322.RAA27245@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylhg525vxq.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 21 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:467"]) ("Re: monoid axiom " ([470 "Re: monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 18 Mar 1998 13:44:34 -0600" "<199803181944.NAA09663@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylvhtda83l.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 21 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:470"]) ([472 "Re: monoid axiom " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Wed, 18 Mar 1998 17:41:40 -0600" "<199803182341.RAA10760@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylbtv4szqx.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 49 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:472"])) ([473 "Re: New version " "Brooke Shipley <
 b!
!
!
shipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 19 Mar 1998 11:49:13 -0600" "<199803191749.LAA13253@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylvhtb1328.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 30 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:473"]) ([479 "Re: Fibrant replacement" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:18:39 -0600" "<199803302318.RAA08389@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylafak9su6.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 68 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:479"]) ([480 "p.s. Boston visit" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:22:31 -0600" "<199803302322.RAA08404@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylvhtda83l.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 12 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:480"]) ([481 "Re: p.s. Boston visit " "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Tue, 31 Mar 1998 10:43:23 -0600" "<199803311643.KAA11015@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<yl3efzguvx.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 19 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:481"]) ... . (([482 "Re: Smallness in Top " "Brooke Shiple
 y!
!
!
 <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 02 Apr 1998 10:48:55 -0600" "<199804021648.KAA18752@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<ylbtuklkw3.fsf@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 15 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:482"]) ([491 "Mike's response" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchica
go.edu>" "Wed, 06 May 1998 13:36:27 -0500" "<199805061836.NAA09857@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 64 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:491"]) ([492 "Re: monoidax.uu" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Fri, 08 May 1998 11:39:05 -0500" "<199805081639.LAA16824@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" "<199805080249.VAA29194@kundry.uchicago.edu>" 0 14 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:492"]) ([494 "favor" "shipley@bianya.crm.es (Brooke Shipley)" "Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:45:15 -0500" "<9806081945.AA07439@bianya.crm.es>" nil 0 35 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:494"]) ([496 "sym. spectra" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:10:58 -0500 (CDT)" "<199807201710.MAA27117@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 16 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:496"]) ([497 "SS comments" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Mon, 20 Jul 1998 12:11:29 -0500" "<199807201711.MAA27126@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 84 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:497"]) ("Re: sym. spectra " ... ... ..
 .!
!
!
 ...) ([502 "new address" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.uchicago.edu>" "Thu, 30 Jul 1998 17:07:23 -0500 (CDT)" "<199807302207.RAA23902@zarquon.uchicago.edu>" nil 0 28 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:502"]) ([505 "(none)" "Brooke Shipley <bshipley@math.purdue.edu>" "Wed, 07 Oct 1998 09:57:21 -0500" "<199810071457.JAA27163@gauss.math.purdue.edu>" "<199810070924.FAA08849@picard.math.wesleyan.edu>" 0 9 "picard.math.wesleyan.edu shipley:505"]))))
  gnus-summary-prepare()
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnbabyl:shipley" nil nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nnbabyl:shipley" nil nil nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(nil nil nil)
  gnus-topic-read-group(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-topic-read-group)

            Mark Hovey

* (unknown)
@ 1998-09-19 15:34 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1998-09-19 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, what happened? I get a piece of html mail ... pgnus says "Displaying /usr/bin/lynx -force_html /tmp/blahblah" ... but then nothing happens.

--
Michael D. Harnois, Redeemer Lutheran Church, Washburn, IA
mharnois@sbt.net                      aa0bt@aa0bt.ampr.org

* (unknown)
@ 1997-06-08  2:23 anonymous
From: anonymous @ 1997-06-08  2:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

bz$u
Newsgroups: emacs.ding
Subject: List of independently written backends?
From: Soren Dayton <csdayton@cs.uchicago.edu>
Date: 07 Jun 1997 21:23:01 -0500

I recall some discussion about things like an nnimap backend and such.
has this been written?  More generally, is there a list of backends that
have been written for gnus but are not included?

Soren

* (unknown)
@ 1997-03-26 14:37 Thomas Bopp
From: Thomas Bopp @ 1997-03-26 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

* (unknown)
@ 1996-11-28  1:50 lars
From: lars @ 1996-11-28  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

subscribe

* (unknown)
@ 1996-08-19  5:16 Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 1996-08-19  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been messing with my sendmail and mh configurations, and now what
have I screwed up? Gnus is going merrily along starting up, and then
suddenly in the minibuffer appears the message

Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil

How do I figure out what's causing this?

* (unknown)
@ 1996-02-21 23:26 Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1996-02-21 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sender: steve@deanna.miranova.com
To: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: Connecting to a newsserver with nntp.
From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Date: 21 Feb 1996 15:26:31 -0800

eichin@cygnus.com writes:
>> Just note that ping isn't reliable (for example, if I can get to the
>> nntp server though a firewall without being able to ping the host, it
>> should still let me...) though that just means it should be
>> optional... what could another variable hurt :-)

Greg> There are lots of problems with trying to determine if the host
Greg> is up through some other mechinism like ping.  Trusting two
Greg> different protocols to agree about whether the host is available
Greg> is going to be inherently unreliable.

Yes.  The machine we get news on here is frequently pingable but
refuses nntp connections.  The only way to really know for sure is to
try it.  Another example of the same thing is reading news through a
proxy, you may be able to ping the proxy machine and connect to the
nntp port of the proxy, but still not be able to get any news.

Per> Hey this is emacs!

Per> gnus-use-ping			If we want to use ping.
Per> gnus-ping-command-list		Which ping to use.
Cool.  I suppose you'll have gnus-ping.el ready by 1-April?  :-)
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* (unknown)
@ 1996-02-21 23:06 Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1996-02-21 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sender: steve@deanna.miranova.com
To: mpt95aes@pt.hk-r.se
CC: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: September Gnus 0.40 is released
From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Date: 21 Feb 1996 15:06:37 -0800

Andy> / Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> wrote:
Andy> |
Andy> | A hard choice has already been made to abandon support for earlier
Andy> | versions of Emacs.  Are we also prepared to abandon lesser endowed
Andy> | systems as well?

Andy> This shouldn't stop us(ehm the Gnus developers) from keeping eyes open
Andy> for memory leaks, memory hogging stuff that really ain't worth it?

Andy> I don't know much about the memoryhandling in emacs/gnus, but I think
Andy> you are talking about two different memory-hogs here:

Andy> 1. Memory leaks (I think it is possible!), features that take a large
Andy>    hunk of memory, that they(the user/feature) might not need.

Andy> 2. Feature 'leaks', simply more features, more memory.

Andy> I think this thread started with the first point, and Steven is
Andy> talking about the second?

I wish I could say for sure.  On the one hand, it does not seem
reasonable to me that XEmacs should keep growing after a point.  On
the other hand, I am quite willing to pay the memory price for
features I want/need.  Thus memory comparisons to Netscape (a
``competitor'') are apropos, comparisons to XEmacs running without
toolbars/3d graphics & X Windows are not (to me, personally).  On the
gripping hand, Lars is reporting much smaller numbers than I get.

I've just run two tests that indicate that perhaps the growth I'm
experiencing is just the price of running XEmacs.  The last two tests
I've done have been against sgnus v0.26 (which was reasonably memory
stable), and a modified XEmacs without 64k lstreams buffers (part of
the problem that can plague memory-limited boxes with backends like
nnmh).  v0.26 ran the smallest, as expected, but the difference was
much smaller than I expected, and could be explained away as the
addition of new features ...  Modifying the 64k lstreams buffers to be
8k caused a slight *increase* in memory usage.
The numbers follow, FYI.

Memory leaks should be fixed where possible.  Memory intensive
features should be identified and documented.  I am uncertain how your
second category differs from the latter.

Note that it costs 1.2MB virtual to read 48 articles.  The articles
were selected from the same nnml group.  I hit space bar to read the
first article, then hit n until hitting the last article.  After
taking a memory reading, I marked as unread each article for the next
test.

[Linux 1.2.13/ELF, PID 12917 is an editing-only session for comparison]
USER       PID %CPU %MEM  SIZE   RSS TTY STAT START   TIME COMMAND
(v0.26/after loading Gnus)
steve    12917  0.6 14.6 2823 4564  ?  S    10:33   0:19 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
steve    13590 58.1 22.6 4763 7052  ?  S    11:24   1:44 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
(v0.26/after reading 48 articles + (garbage-collect))
steve    12917  0.6 15.5 2823 4828  ?  S    10:33   0:21 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
steve    13590 46.8 26.7 5907 8316  ?  S    11:24   2:43 /usr/local/bin/xemacs

(v0.40/after loading Gnus)
steve    12917  0.5 15.5 2823 4828  ?  S    10:33   0:21 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
steve    13695 70.8 25.5 5171 7948  ?  S    11:30   1:53 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
(v0.40/after reading 48 articles + (garbage-collect))
steve    12917  0.5 15.5 2823 4828  ?  S    10:33   0:21 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
steve    13695 62.6 29.2 6231 9124  ?  S    11:30   2:47 /usr/local/bin/xemacs

(v0.40/8k lstreams/after loading Gnus)
steve    12917  0.2 10.0 2871 3132  ?  S    10:33   0:30 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
steve    16915 39.7 25.6 5254 7988  ?  S    13:37   2:14 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
(v0.40/8k lstreams/after reading 48 articles + (garbage-collect))
steve    12917  0.2 12.2 2923 3808  ?  S    10:33   0:31 /usr/local/bin/xemacs
steve    16915 40.6 29.5 6378 9216  ?  S    13:37   3:03 /usr/local/bin/xemacs